Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Can anyone suggest a good floor jack?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yankeefan will become famous soon enough
Can anyone suggest a good floor jack?

I wanted to start doing more with my cars but don't know which floor jack to buy. Anyone have good success with one that can move the car up high (I'm a big guy) and also has quality to last yearsbut is not overly expensive?

Thanks,
Howard
Old 01-13-2007
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
matco, snap on, craftsman, just to name a few, and for our cars a low profile is good to have, and 2 ton is a good number.
Old 01-13-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
A jack is a jack.... hydraulic jacks are pretty simple devices. Just look at the amount of travel it has.
Old 01-13-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
A jack is a jack.... hydraulic jacks are pretty simple devices. Just look at the amount of travel it has.
yep, exactly. we have 3 or 4 hydraulic jacks at my house, and we have mostly craftsman tools but we have one hydraulic jack that came from sams club or something, and it's coming up on 10 years old and is still in perfect condition.
Old 01-13-2007
Registered!!

Yankeefan will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1

Oh...okay......didn't know if some just broke down more than others. Decided to do a Search, found out many go to Wal-Mart, Sears, Pep-Boys, etc.

Thanks,
Howard
Old 01-13-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Craftsman ones are pretty reliable. They all seem to last about as long, depends on how much you use them. The only reason to pay more is for a quick lift jack like they use in NASCAR.