Finding Service records

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
user 73921 is an unknown quantity at this point
Finding Service records

I recently just purchased my 02 Honda Civic from a used car dealer who gave me the Carfax report but it had little information for previous service. I asked the dealer if they could tell me what they may have done to the car in the 11 months they had it but they didn't give me anything either.
I'm trying to track down some independant records such as: Oil changes etc, are there any sources you would recommend?

Last edited by user 73921; 09-29-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-29-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Finding Service records

Did you call the dealership where the car was originally purchased? They may (or may not) have performed most of the maintenance in the early years.

Most independent shops probably don't use a database that Carfax can access. Also, have to take into account owners in the car's later years may have performed repairs and maintenance themselves.

At this point download or find a maintenance scheduled online and perform suggested maintenance that your car's mileage is at, just past or coming up to.
Old 09-29-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I asked the dealer if they could tell me what they may have done to the car in the 11 months they had it but they didn't give me anything either.
If a car sat on a used car sales lot for almost a year without being sold, it probably received nothing more than some occasional fuel and battery charging.
Old 10-07-2017
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
user 73921 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've tried emailing a couple people at the dealer and they cant give me anything. Thanks for the replies.