Ticket... Cops lie...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GreenFamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Ticket... Cops lie...

So the other day I was driving the stock 2002 Civic DX that I just bought down to the beach. I had the wife and kids in the car and about 400lbs. in the trunk. As I'm traveling uphill to the I5/101 interchange this WSP car races up behind me and pulls me over... I was speeding but only about 8mph over the limit to pass a wagon in front of me. When the officer comes to my window he says, "I pulled you over because your were 1 and a half feet from the rear bumper of that Legacy and I clocked your speed at 119mph." I looked at him and said, "No I wasn't and if I was going 119mph 18in from that wagon how did I not smash into him?" He handed me a Neg 2 ticket with a $550 price tag and left... When did it become ok for cops to lie? I don't break the law, I even have LEM plates on my SUV!!!

I'm not even sure that little Civic can even go that fast...
Old 10-27-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Ticket... Cops lie...

you wouldnt have been going that fast, expecally up hill. he would have been taking my *** to jail.
take it to court.
Old 10-27-2008
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

court is going to be a joke to more then likely..$550 is crazy
Old 10-27-2008
Registered!!

I am taking it to court. I already have my court date in December. I found this attorney that charges a flat rate of $250 and if he looses the case he pays the differance.
Old 10-27-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Thats insane. I wish you could have the officer sit in the drivers seat and tell him to go 119 mph in your civic. After trying he would then realize it is governed to 117 mph. Pigs are epic fail. Good luck fighting this and keep us updated.
Old 10-27-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

That's just ridiculous. Cops are out of control nowadays. I hope you can settle the case with the lawyer and win! Good luck!
Old 10-27-2008
Registered!!

black02seavik will become famous soon enough

this is the question asked by some random person "What is the factory top speed of a 2003 Honda Civic DX 1.7L 5-Speed?"
The answer was "To answer your question, the 1.7L non v-tech, 115hp, motor is governed at 110 mph. You can top out in 4th gear, if you remove the governer, you've got the range of all of 5th gear which should get you to at least 130-140mph. That is a guess since I have not removed my governer either."
Old 10-27-2008
Registered!!

so i think for you to win this case in court you should find out the top speed of a 1.7l non v tech engine. Ask honda dealer and ask for professional advice and theoretical circumstances taht the car can make upto 120mph. Im thinking it is difficult to make it even on a perfectly paved road especially with more than 3 occupants in the car its virtually impossible. if you had another 500 pounds in the trunk, be ready to describe what was in there and how much it actually weighs. all this stuff is hardcore evidence along with your wife and kids tesifying against the cop. damn cops will do anything to mess up innocent peoples lives just so that they can meet their quota
Old 10-27-2008
Registered!!

See what really irratates me is that I have raced for many years and know a thing or two about cars. 119mph in a stock small car is actually very fast especially in traffic. The odd thing is that my SUV is a whole hell of a lot faster than this Civic and it never gets pulled over but driving the Civic seems to draw alot of attention. Must be that high performance non-Vtec super engine... LOL
Old 10-28-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by black02seavik
so i think for you to win this case in court you should find out the top speed of a 1.7l non v tech engine. Ask honda dealer and ask for professional advice and theoretical circumstances taht the car can make upto 120mph. Im thinking it is difficult to make it even on a perfectly paved road especially with more than 3 occupants in the car its virtually impossible. if you had another 500 pounds in the trunk, be ready to describe what was in there and how much it actually weighs. all this stuff is hardcore evidence along with your wife and kids tesifying against the cop. damn cops will do anything to mess up innocent peoples lives just so that they can meet their quota
repped!
Old 10-28-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

haha that pig is getting owned in court. a fully loaded civic can barely maintain the speed limit, esp going up a hill. even in an empty civic to get to 100 it takes a flat road and several minutes of driving. seriously, when i was driving cross country through the mountains with the car packed up boxes everywhere and just me driving, i had to drive 35mph on the freeway in the slow truck lane because the car just could not accelerate at all no joke.
Old 10-31-2008
Registered!!

i wish your court case comes up on judge judy or something so i can see that cop get owned. hahah i want to see his face expression when you provide all the evidence and scientific analysis and data about the civic and own his *** left and right.... lol i can see him already " but but but..." lol!
Old 11-03-2008
Registered!!

+MM+ will become famous soon enough

Classic cop bullshit. So lame.

I just received a SECOND ticket for my Magnaflow 'illegal' muffler last Friday. Funny thing was, her (yes, woman cop with something to prove) fired up her V6 Impala and it was louder than my car. Also, I had to peel my tint off this morning and go for an inspection. So basically, my cat-back system has cost me over a grand already.
Old 11-04-2008
Love me some nice, long-lasting vics!

jgcentury will become famous soon enoughjgcentury will become famous soon enough

OOOOOOOOOOOPPPPS!!!!!!! Double posted like a douche!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jgcentury; 11-04-2008 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-04-2008
Love me some nice, long-lasting vics!

jgcentury will become famous soon enoughjgcentury will become famous soon enough

this is the question asked by some random person "What is the factory top speed of a 2003 Honda Civic DX 1.7L 5-Speed?"
The answer was "To answer your question, the 1.7L non v-tech, 115hp, motor is governed at 110 mph. You can top out in 4th gear, if you remove the governer, you've got the range of all of 5th gear which should get you to at least 130-140mph. That is a guess since I have not removed my governer either."
WWWWUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2008
Registered!!

JetRudie is an unknown quantity at this point

Eff the poe-lease. Haha.

1. Cops will have intentions of writing tickets before they pull you over just so they can make their quota.

2. Stock Civic DXs won't make it to 119mph, much less UPHILL. I know this for a fact because I own a DX and the motor kills at like 115.

3. The whole "you were this close to this car's bumper" gag is probably the most ticketed act you can be involved in. I was following my FATHER on the interstate to Florida and I got pulled over by an Alabama trooper who ticketed me for that crap. He asked "why I was all over that man's bumper, son?" I even told him I was following my father because he knew the way there, and he still wrote me the ticket. It was also my birthday. He wrote on the ticket the fine was for being 15 feet behind a "motorist".

Cops are the enemy. Their salaries come from our tax dollars. They need us to make a living, but we don't need them to make a living. F*** em all.
Old 12-21-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

heres a hint, if you get pulled over by an actual cop car, theres a much better chance of getting a warning or reduced fine. if its motorcycle cop, 95% chance youre getting a ticket. if theyre really nice, they will lower the speed a bit but you never get a warning.
Old 12-21-2008
Registered!!

africanoboomer is an unknown quantity at this point

one time i was goin 130km/h i got stopped and he said he was goner lower it to 115km,

he then went in his car and came back with a 130 km speeding ticket i was like wtf ?
Old 01-03-2009
Registered!!

Bb0iPn0y is an unknown quantity at this point

any update greenfamily?
Old 01-03-2009
Registered!!

twitchit is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to know if there's an update too??? I'm fighting one in court too for "not obeying a traffic device"...figure that one out...my lawyer just laughed.
Old 01-03-2009
Registered!!

traffic device as in a streetlight? stopsign?
Old 01-04-2009
Registered!!

twitchit is an unknown quantity at this point

i called the magistrate because i had no clue what that meant. He said it was the speed limit sign but didn't write me a speeding ticket, clock me, or anything like that...it was just a ticket. My lawyer says they just give out a bunch of those and make money on whoever is too lazy to fight them. Not to mention when the cop pulled me over he didn't ask for my insurance or registration...just my license, and definitely didn't run my plates because he was only in his car for like 2 minutes before he came back and told me that he was just going to mail me "a bunch of citations"...what a d!ck...
Old 01-04-2009
Registered!!

wow. it shouldnt be that way. we should be the only ones to work the loop holes in the system. not the cops. lol. ghey.....
Old 03-16-2009
Registered!!

otbexige is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JetRudie
Eff the poe-lease. Haha.

1. Cops will have intentions of writing tickets before they pull you over just so they can make their quota.

Cops are the enemy. Their salaries come from our tax dollars. They need us to make a living, but we don't need them to make a living. F*** em all.

As for point #1, most cops I know swear there is no such thing as a "quota".

As for the last statement you made (now keep in mind that I am not a cop or in the field of law enforcement) , Cops are everyone's enemy until you NEED one. Believe me, if someone jacked your ride and you got a description of the guy, you would call a cop. Why?...because, they are the only ones who could do anything about it. They prolly wouldn't get far but you WOULD still call them.

I understand that there are abuses but that exists in any possible profession. Trust me, when you need one, whether they want to be there or not, a cop will come to your aid. That is what they get paid to do. In the meantime, they pull people over. Get over it.
Old 03-16-2009
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

Wat?
Old 03-17-2009
Premium Member

cops dont have quota, but they do get promotions based on erformance: and obviously writing more tickets does that. but again most people that get tickets deserve it for sure.
Old 03-18-2009
Registered!!

Hondaddict is an unknown quantity at this point

lol that cops an r-tard I have a 2005 LX manual govenor kicks in at 115
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Revolver_Ocelot is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I'm sure you've finished with all this bullshit by now, but one thing I've learned is that no matter what, or where you go, cops will always look at Civics. I mean, just look at the demographic of drivers... not to mention Civics are the most common aftermarket-ed cars, nuff said.
So unfortunately, cops are always noticing Civics, even if its dirty, bone-stock, and being driven by a 65+ pacifist....
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Alexander21 is an unknown quantity at this point

i believe thats impossible i have a 02 lx with just and intake and when i travel to college fully loaded i cant get it past 68 mph going uphill
Old 04-06-2009
Premium Member

cops these days are desperate to make money for their department so they go around catching you for anything.

Quick Reply: Ticket... Cops lie...