Furious

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JMUCivic03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Furious

So I my car was hit from behind 3 weeks ago and its been in the shop for about 2 and a half getting the rear bumper assembly replaced and left rear quarter panel bent back out and repainted. I decided to take a ride by the shop last friday to check on the progress of my car after hours, because I was sure it woould be sitting outside. When I got there, everything was fixed, painted, and ready to go....only nobody from the shop called me. I figured maybe they had finished just before closing and for som,e reason didnt bother to call. So I waited until Monday, figuring I would get a call saying it was done then...Monday comes and still no call at about 4:30 (shop closes at 5) so I decide to call them. Of course my car is ready....I guess they wanted me to read their minds and know when to come down there? They tell me that I shouls come by right at 5, because my car needs to be put through the cleaning process. I show up at 5 and my car is parked in the exact same spot it was in on the previous friday, in the same way, with the exact same spots and dirt on the bumper (no cleaning had been done). So I decide to take a look at it closely, and discover that there are scratches on the quarter panel that were not there before I took the car in (this isnt even on the quarter panel that they worked on). Then I looked at the bumper and discovered what I would call a dent on the bottom right side. He called it an "imperfection in the bumper" and I kindly explained to him that I do not want a spot on my bumper that looked like somebody had smacked one of my panels with a small ballpien (sp?) hammer. He told me he would fix it and it would be ready today (4/3). Of course, it was not ready when I called, so I decided to take my roomate down there with me after the shop closed so he could take a look as well. It looks as though he fixed the little dent, but we found a new scratch on my front right quarter panel that was not even there yesterday and my roomate believes that the bumper is shades darker the the not-newly painted qaurter panel, which means the bumper is darker than the rest of the car. I am very pissed to say the least. The guy told me he would be able to match the paint. Not only that, but he told me that all new parts where going to be usedon the bumper, instead of just used or rebuilt. WHen I crawled underneath my car, I saw rust spots on the alleged "new" impact bar and there were ripples in the metal that looked as though it had simply been bent back out. Also, the styrofoam insert that goes inbetween the bumper cover and the impact bar was broken when i looked up in there, I mean, it seems like it was replaced, but whopever put it in snapped part of it off and there is a huge piece just hanging in the bumper cover....I mean WTF.
Is it normal to have rust on new from the factory honda bumper impact bars? Is it normal for the bumper to be a couple shades darker than the rest of the car? Is it ok to have a new styrofoam absorber that is already falling apart less than a week after being put on? I am in Harrisonburg, VA for school, and although there is a Honda dealership here, they do not have their own shop on the premises, so all the dealerships use an outside shop right down the road. So this is all supposed to be honda certified or whatever, so what should I do? I cant afford to drive around the Dodge Ram 1500 4 door that they gave me as a rental, this gas is killing me and I cant park the thing anywhere. I just want my car to be perfect like it was before the bitch hit me.
Old 04-25-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Furious

Holy junk, yeah seriously. All it takes is one person to FUG up yo style big time. I can tell you right now, none of what you described is normal. If you're going through your insurance, I would contact your insurance and file a complaint on the shop. You can also go to the Better Business Beureau (I think it's like bbb.com ) And file a complaint with them to. I would also confront the shop about the situation. You should get in there and say "WTF WANKSTA! I thought you were a repair shop not a chop shop! Cuz that's what you're doin choppin quality to save yourself a couple bucks." Then call them **** and say if they don't repair it the right way, you're going to bring a lawsuit that'll bring the whole company down. And if they ask you to calm down, tell them that "I wouldn't have to calm down if you fixed my $hit right in the first place!" Then right before you leave, just after they admit to being a bunch of clowns, say something like "I've got you by the nuts now BEEACH! Don't think about pulling any fast ones, cuz I'll castrate you." I realize that you posted this like 3 weeks ago, and probably have the car fixed, but damn wouldn't it be funny if you said or did some of this things....

And if all the above doesn't work, take a baseball bat to whatever car their driving and tell them that's your payment.
Old 04-25-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

how did this end up working out for you??
Old 04-27-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I'm kinda curious now....was there any ripping-off of ballage?

I have a horror story of my own, which shortly described as, Maaco painted my car the wrong color. I was cheesed off!