1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

civic del sol engine stalling issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
patrickross2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
civic del sol engine stalling issue

Hey guys, I bought a 95 del sol si about a month ago, and in the past couple weeks it has developed a stalling issue. From the time it started stalling to now, I have replaced the distributor cap and rotor, plug wires and plugs, and replaced the fuel filter. So far what I’ve discovered is it only stalls after sitting overnight, and will not start again unless you turn the key to the off position and back on. So it will stall on the way to work, but no issues on the way home. It will also stall again if you start it back up immediately, but will run fine if you let it sit for about 30-45 seconds. Im not sure of what temperature it’s at when stalling, because the temp gauge is busted. Temp gauge will move to operating temp if ac is on, and all the way cold if heat is on. My guess is a sensor is the root of my issues since I have to turn the key to off or it wont restart. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 04-08-2018
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: civic del sol engine stalling issue

Have you tried swapping the roof, that might be the part causing the issue. I'd swap the roof then maybe the fuel return line and then the rear wheels. Just keep swapping parts until it works.
Old 04-08-2018
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

JK obviously.

But you need to diagnose what is going on not just swap random parts.

Why would you think ignition items would relate to a temperature sensitive issue?

Buy yourself a Haynes manual and a multimeter. Test the circuits relating to temperature and ignition. Also obviously if you have any codes find out what they are and common reasons they arise.

Start from the basics

-fuses
-relays
-grounds

-then sensors

-then wires

-it also woudn't hurt to check spark, ignition pulse and fuel pressure.
Old 04-08-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
patrickross2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mac25
JK obviously.

But you need to diagnose what is going on not just swap random parts.

Why would you think ignition items would relate to a temperature sensitive issue?

Buy yourself a Haynes manual and a multimeter. Test the circuits relating to temperature and ignition. Also obviously if you have any codes find out what they are and common reasons they arise.

Start from the basics

-fuses
-relays
-grounds

-then sensors

-then wires

-it also woudn't hurt to check spark, ignition pulse and fuel pressure.

I have not been swapping random parts, I have been replacing parts because they needed to be replaced, not because I thought they were the issue. I stated they were already replaced so people wouldn’t do exactly what you just did and suggest checking spark and fuel pressure. I’ve already done all that, and thus replaced the parts because I was having fuel pressure and ignition issues, and those parts were the culprits. I am also currently diagnosing the problem, and don’t need advice on how to diagnose the issue. What I’m asking for is advice from anyone that may have had this particular issue before, and specific parts to test first, or any common issues that could cause my problem.