1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

90 civic ef info

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rcpython is an unknown quantity at this point
90 civic ef info

So I am new here and fairly new to cars. I am mechanically inclined,but little experience on a car,and zero on Honda. I'm looking to buy a first car and I'm considering a civic. I found a clean 1990 civic ef 4 speed manual for 1k. Guy says it burns oil a little. Very clean rust free vehicle. What should I look for? Anything besides rustknown to go wrong? And also I'm looking to turbo this car,is the engine in it ( from my research I think it's a d15b1?) Capable of at least 200hp? And are engine swaps for better engines possible? My budget is around 3k but I will have another 4k after the summer.

Sorry for all the questions,but I'm trying to learn here,I have no experience with Honda cars,sorry.
Old 01-28-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 90 civic ef info

Guy says it burns oil a little.
Leeery.... How much is "a little"? Add a quart with, say, every other tank of gas? Or do you need to invest in an oil well to keep up with it?

Miles?

I don't think I would just slap a turbo on an oil burner as is, I'd probably want to go through it and stick fresh rings in or at least figure out why it's losing oil.

Will it need to pass an emissions inspection? Will it be able to do so with a non-factory turbo stuck on it?

Swaps and serious mods aren't really my area, I don't have much to offer on the subject.
Old 01-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rcpython is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 90 civic ef info

No info on how much oil or miles.

http://brainerd.craigslist.org/cto/4789965861.html

That's the ad. No emissions tests in my state,but.cops are known to have testers if they pull you over. But I don't plan on a fart can that's gonna raise suspicion on emissions.