6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

manual to auto

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jjaayy is an unknown quantity at this point
manual to auto

Need help with following. I have a 1998 civic ex w/auto trans my daughter drives. She had small accident. So I found the exact same car with a manual trans. and was going to steal parts for her car. After inspecting manual car its in better shape. She can not drive manual and I don't think she can learn. So I'm thinking of putting her auto trans into the manual car. Other then the obvious work what am i up against? Is wiring harness same? Is plug being dash for trans selector light if I switch instrument panel?
Thanks
Old 02-24-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: manual to auto

She can not drive manual and I don't think she can learn.
Think long and hard about this.....It's a whole lot harder to text and drive when your hands and feet have other important things to do.
Old 02-25-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,127 Likes on 942 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

civics are also really easy to learn on
Old 02-25-2018
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

You would save far more time and effort paying for a driving instructor than swapping the transmission.

but swapping is pretty easy if you have both versions of the vehicle. Though it is not the same chassis, the DIY bellow will give you some insight.

http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18057

-
Old 02-25-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jjaayy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for feed back but she's never gonna be able to drive a manual car.
Thanks for link Mac25 will harness work? Seems like auto harness will work with manual but not the other way.
Old 02-25-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjaayy
but she's never gonna be able to drive a manual car.
My ex father in law taught my ex wife to drive a stick by parking the car (1976 Chevette) on a hill pointing upwards, parked his 74 Imperial land barge behind it, and telling her that if she wants to leave she has to figure out how to drive it up the hill on her own.

She made it to my house a short while later--- and it still had a working clutch. The land barge didn't get hit either.
Old 02-26-2018
FrankenCivic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dcstomp83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jjaayy
Thanks for feed back but she's never gonna be able to drive a manual car.
Thanks for link Mac25 will harness work? Seems like auto harness will work with manual but not the other way.

it seems like this question is being avoided... ok so the auto transmission has solenoids on it that are required to shift...the manuals dont for obvious reasons...so the manual harness will not work for auto but the other way around you should be good...might just throw some codes lol...depending on the ecu...just do the swap...get your hands dirty and learn some cool stuff about the car...just watch your knuckles

ps...if push comes to shove...swap the harness