6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Is this on all the time?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017
E.X
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E.X is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this on all the time?

My 2000 Civic was on and in park when I was checking the plug that goes to the EVAP canister shut valve to see if it had voltage. It didn’t so I was wondering IF the EVAP system turns it on when needed? Because if it’s meant to be on then I’m not getting power to EVAP canister shut valve could be the culprit to the P1457 code I keep getting. I was looking at fuse box but no idea if it uses fuses or relays nor do I know name to look for. Help anyone???
Old 12-04-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is this on all the time?

If you can locate an accurate wiring diagram, you should find that fuse #15 in the dash fusebox supplies power to all 3 evap solenoids along with many other items like O2 sensors, VSS, ELD, alternator, etc.

The circuit powering that fuse is "Hot with key in run", so everything connected to it is supposed to be powered whenever the key is on, but the solenoids cannot operate until the PCM "turns the ground on" to activate each component.

Each of the evap solenoids are only operated when the PCM decides to they need to be activated.
They do not necessarily all operate at the same time.
Old 12-08-2017
E.X
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E.X is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Is this on all the time?

Thanks EZONE I’ll try