6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

EK4 SiR Brake Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steven21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question EK4 SiR Brake Help

I am purchasing a set of rear disks off a jdm sir with everything i need for the swap. I asked the guy to throw in the fronts too so they would match. Heres the problem. On the passenger side he has everything. Knuckle, caliper, rotors, hub, everything. On the driver side he has the rotor and caliper. No knuckle, no hub. I purchased a 99 si proportioning valve and master cylinder for the swap. I just need to know if my stock driver side knuckle and hub will work with what he is giving me. Meaning i dont have to go out and find a hub, knuckle, or anything. Just that it will bolt straight up and work. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2011
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light
Re: EK4 SiR Brake Help

The EK4/Si/EX knuckles are all the same. Don't let him charge you a premium just because they're off an SiR. It's quite literally identical to an EX/Si so everything should bolt up just fine. While you're tearing everything apart I'd get some stainless steel brake lines and some ATE Super Blue brake fluid. Expensive but it's great stuff.
Old 11-09-2011
Registered!!

Thanks for the heads up. I have been thinking about the stainless steel lines but if you recommend them ill give them a shot. I got a great deal on the rear disk swap though $150 + shipping.
Old 11-09-2011
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah $150+ shipping is exactly what I got mine for. If you're going to go through all that trouble of swapping the master cylinder and what not it'd just swap for stainless. It makes a world of a difference.
Old 11-10-2011
Registered!!

Well if im changing the master cylinder should I also change the brake booster?
Old 11-11-2011
Autocross Padawan

Yup! You'll always want to upgrade the brake booster when you upgrade the master cylinder. I put my GSR brake booster up to my EX one and it the honda one cowers in comparison.
Old 11-13-2011
Registered!!

well i cross referenced parts numbers on the boosters for the 99 dx and 99 si and they are the same while the master cylinders are different.
Old 11-13-2011
Autocross Padawan

That's interesting. If the master cylinder is bigger the brake booster would have to be bigger... otherwise there would be no point in upgrading the master cylinder (a bit of a generalization but true).