6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Best, most reliable set of halo projectors for my '97?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Justinsn95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Best, most reliable set of halo projectors for my '97?

Hi all. I just wanted to ask what are the best, most reliable set of halo projector headlights, for a 1997 honda civic. I have had many vehicles in the past, and I have put many different kinds of headlights on. And if I have learned on thing, its that not all headlights are created equally. Some are just ok, some are pretty decent, and some royally suck. So which will be the best fit, best lighting, most reliable, non-leaking projectors for my car?
Old 12-06-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best, most reliable set of halo projectors for my '97?

well, oem will be the best in all aspects. ive tried so many aftermarket lights and always been disappointed with the output and the construction. even if it fit properly, i could barely see at night or they would leak water and fog up for no reason. tyc and sonar are supposed to be good, but i wasnt impressed with either one.
Old 12-13-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Justinsn95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply. But you know, I have always had the same problem with aftermarket headlights. The ones I have had actually performed their function much better than the factory ones, but they always got water in them, just as you say. I finally learned to remedy this by simply permanently sealing them up all the way around, on all of the seams. If done correctly, you can't tell it's been done. I use that extremely clear liquid nails or... dang I can't think of the name of it, but it's almost the exact same stuff as the liquid nails. It's made for the outdoors because it's for sealing up the windows in your home. It stands the test of time cause I had leaky aftermarket projectors on my 95 Mustang GT, and I had to take them all apart and get all the water out. I sealed them with the liquid nails stuff and to this day (5 years later) they still don't fog or ever get a even a drop of water in them. I even checked the sealer and it's still rubbery like new. And if the seal ever gives out, it will be a pain but I can always remove it all and then apply a new one.

Anyway, that stuff has always cured the problem for me. I have gotten to where I just do it beforehand when I get a new set of lights for any vehicle. So I guess my question to you would be, which ones would fit the best/easiest in my 1997 Civic? I love it when aftermarket parts just fit like they are supposed to.

Last edited by Justinsn95; 12-13-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-13-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

tyc is the best because they actually undergo some testing and fitment. it should fit just like factory. the rest are hit and miss, mostly china made and some fit, some dont.