6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Power steering question

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeff60_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Power steering question

I have a leak on b side tube in rack. Part is on order and a week away. Question is if I disconnect pump will I cause any more issues driving the car until the part arrives? Thanks in Advance.
Old 07-04-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Power steering question

Originally Posted by Jeff60_m
I have a leak on b side tube in rack. Part is on order and a week away. Question is if I disconnect pump will I cause any more issues driving the car until the part arrives? Thanks in Advance.
I'm not sure it'll work if you just remove the belt and not evacuate the PS fluid. However, if you evacuate the PS fluid it will work similar to a manual rack that was installed on some early 5th gen base models. It can still be driven but, obviosuly will be harder to forward and reverse from stand still, three point turns and parallel park...otherwise when once the car is in motion (above 10 mph) it's similar to power steering but with more feedback from the road.

Last edited by Wankenstein; 07-04-2017 at 10:11 PM.