6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

98 stock engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Demoncivic is an unknown quantity at this point
98 stock engine

Is it possible to add a turbo and nos and other high performance parts to a stock engine or will it not hold up to the abuse?
Old 06-24-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough
Re: 98 stock engine

Originally Posted by Demoncivic
Is it possible to add a turbo and nos and other high performance parts to a stock engine or will it not hold up to the abuse?
not for long.

all you NEED for boost though is arp studs and good ems
and i wouldnt run the bottle without arp studs and rod bolts either.
Old 06-25-2012
Registered!!

Ok im new to imports need a little help... What are these studs and stuff ur talking about?
Old 06-25-2012
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

Ok im new to imports need a little help... What are these studs and stuff ur talking about?
head studs stop the head from lifting and stretching the head bolts under stress. unless you enjoy doing headgaskets u need them.

the rod bolts are just stronger bolts that hold the rods to the crank.

if you dont know what im talking about or you dont know much about turbos do some research first. keep in mind whatever turbo kit u buy youll be paying about that same amount for ems and tuning.

i recommend you start with intake headers and exhaust. then stage 1 cam. ex transmission if you dont have an ex. then think about boost or spray. also suspension is just as important as the engine.
Old 06-25-2012
Registered!!

Yeah I have an ex auto trans but gonna swap to manual and gonna put in a cold air intake he as ers and exhaust system first just wanted to know if it was posible to run turbo and nos on stock engine. But now I know its not. I will do more research on it and get all the parts needed before I actuall take motor out and build anything. Thanks for the info
Old 06-26-2012
Registered!!

Yeah I have an ex auto trans but gonna swap to manual and gonna put in a cold air intake he as ers and exhaust system first just wanted to know if it was posible to run turbo and nos on stock engine. But now I know its not. I will do more research on it and get all the parts needed before I actuall take motor out and build anything. Thanks for the info
cool good luck on the manual swap.

btw turbo + nitrous a lot of the time = boom. unless you really beef up that block. you might want to start looking for a spare d16y8 to build then once done building it swap it into ur car and keep the old motor just incase.
Old 06-26-2012
Registered!!

Thats what I had planned on doing after I thought about it last night. I am gonna have the block bored and put in some good oversized pistons and a good crank and then top it off with everything else. And why u say good luck with manual swap? It shouldnt be that hard to do. Just get all the parts including ecm out of the manual car and swap it all out but put the manual on the new motor and just swap it all at once.
Old 06-26-2012
Registered!!

Thats what I had planned on doing after I thought about it last night. I am gonna have the block bored and put in some good oversized pistons and a good crank and then top it off with everything else. And why u say good luck with manual swap? It shouldnt be that hard to do. Just get all the parts including ecm out of the manual car and swap it all out but put the manual on the new motor and just swap it all at once.
i was just saying good luck lol. i know its fairly easy.

if you are wanting boost AND spray id say get some beefy sleeves forged pistons and rods and arp rod bolts and head studs. get that and youd be set to run A LOT of power safely

btw is this a d16? or b16 were talking about?
Old 06-28-2012
Registered!!

im not sure I thin its a d16... Its a 98 2dr coupe ex... Would it be nessesary to bore it? Or can I run standard piston size and just get new forged pistons and rods? Also whst do you mean by sleeves?
Old 06-29-2012
Registered!!

im not sure I thin its a d16... Its a 98 2dr coupe ex... Would it be nessesary to bore it? Or can I run standard piston size and just get new forged pistons and rods? Also whst do you mean by sleeves?
no it would not be nessesary to bore bigger.

sleeves are the things the pistons are inside. or the cylinder wall.

heres the problem i see. if you dont know what engine is in your car and your wanting to do all this, unless your having a shop do all the work and ordering parts, i highly suggest you do some more research before you do any of this. and not just about parts but the engine itself. a chiltons manual is only ~$20 from the auto store, and can be your best friend.

imho. i say get a nice exhaust intake maybe a cam and a nice clutch w/ lightweight flywheel, then see if you even still wanna do all that stuff.
Old 06-29-2012
Registered!!

Well my thing is even tho it might take me a while to get all this done Im wanting it to be a racer, not just a play toy. I will take your advice tho on all the research and stuff. Thanks for all info.