7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Thinking about trading her in

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Thinking about trading her in

i think the time has come,

i have an 05 special edition 4 door automatic, i am the original owner, well maintained by myself and has 350,000kms....starts and runs just like new as far as engine and transmission are concerned, shocks a bit bumpy as they are original, very minimal rust, a few small spots above the rear wheel wells,

i havn't purchased a new vehicle (or any vehicle) since this car, so im looking for advice on what you guys think is best, does this car have any trade in value at all? if so, what?

would i be better off trying to sell this car myself?......if so, what do you think is a reasonable asking price? (canada)

im looking to purchase a new civic.....im just starting to do research, but im really just looking for a base model automatic (wife cant drive standard)
Old 10-03-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Thinking about trading her in

sell it privately, dealer might give you $500.
get it certified, ask for $2k and take $1500?
Old 10-03-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

When I was buying my 2003 civic new, I was trading in my 1991 Civic HB. Got all the way through negotiations right until part to sign the bill of sale.

That is when my trade-in was documented for $200.
I balked, they told me they don’t even want my old car, so they took the $200 off something else and I kept the 91.

Sold it on eBay week later for $1300 to a guy who flew down from Chicago to pick it up and drive it home..

Old 10-04-2018
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

You got your money's worth. I can see why you are looking at a Civic again. You might gain $1K if you sell privately. When values are that low though, you might consider what your time and aggravation worth on trade-in if you get a decent deal.
Old 10-04-2018
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NDNV
You got your money's worth. I can see why you are looking at a Civic again.
hell yeah.....no complaints at all.....outside of regular maintanance the only things i had to replace were both front wheel bearings, one lower control arm bushing, and a cam sensor, cant complain about that.....i also replaced the lower front ball joints while i did the wheel bearings, but that wasnt because they were shot, just because i thought i might as well while i had it apart

she has only ever left me stranded one time, and that was a few months ago when the cam sensor went.....these are the reason why i want to stick with honda, and a civic,
still on the original head gasket and auto tranny