7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Civic ex high rpms on the highway

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweetnsauer is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic ex high rpms on the highway

why does my 2005 civic ex rev so high on the highway? Are the lx and dx like that also? It's 4K at 80 mph. 3500 at 75
Old 08-27-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Civic ex high rpms on the highway

sounds normal

lx/dx are going to have lower RPMs for a given speed because they have a different transmission gear ratio. Longer gears in the lx/dx, shorter gears in the ex because it's sportier.
Old 08-28-2017
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
. Longer gears in the lx/dx, shorter gears in the ex because it's sportier.
BECAUSE RACECAR!
Old 08-28-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sweetnsauer
It's 4K at 80 mph. 3500 at 75
not sure where you live....but there is nowhere in North America where you should be driving that fast to begin with,
Old 08-28-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikey1
not sure where you live....but there is nowhere in North America where you should be driving that fast to begin with,
If traffic is moving that fast, you better keep up.
Slowpokes cause accidents. And road rage.

In my area, 10 over the posted speed limit is the expressway/interstate norm just about anywhere it's reasonably safe to do so. That means running 80 MPH here in my state, you'll see groups of cars all running at that speed all jockeying for position to pass the law abiding citizens in the slow lane.....and I tend to look for the packs running 5 more than that.

It's nice to be able to click off a 150 mile trip in under 2 hours.
My gas mileage is absolute crap at that speed though.
Old 08-29-2017
Registered!!

Fast lane is going 75-80 mph slow lane is 65. Or like on the I-5 near Bakersfield people drive 90 mph haha
Old 08-29-2017
Registered!!

And I'm going on a long road trip across the US and I will be on long stretches of desert highways.
Old 08-29-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ezone
In my area, 10 over the posted speed limit is the expressway/interstate norm just about anywhere it's reasonably safe to do so. That means running 80 MPH here in my state
Same here in Florida...cops usually don't ticket at 80 mph unless they set speed traps.
Old 08-29-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I once went through a good portion of Kansas (an eternity in hell) on I-70 at about 90-95 MPH.....It started raining, that's when I discovered the wipers didn't even touch the glass at that speed. They literally floated above the glass and couldn't wipe water. (1984 Mazda 626)

Slowed down to 70 and the wipers worked fine again LOL
Old 08-29-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I can neither confirm nor deny that there are nice, LOOOOOOOONNNNGGG stretches in Colorado where you can see for miles, and, when I drove through, wasn't patrolled... at all... lol