7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Best 4-2-1 header with catalytic converter for d17

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sethconquest is an unknown quantity at this point
Best 4-2-1 header with catalytic converter for d17

I've seen so many post saying d15 and d16 headers will fit a d17 but im not 100% sure thats true, so i figured I'd just ask on here. I Got a 2003 honda civic ex coupe with a jdm d17a engine i swapped into it and a magnaflow street series cat-back exhaust, I wanna get a 4-2-1 header and a better catalytic converter but not sure whats the best route (as in what will fit best) for that set up. Can anyone tell me of a good-great 4-2-1 header with Catalytic converter set up?
thanks for the advice in advance.
Old 08-13-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Best 4-2-1 header with catalytic converter for d17

Flow is good, don't worry about the brand, a pipe is a pipe, any cheap ebay header will flow the same as the high end brands.

I'd suggest a highflow cat. from Magnaflow.

I'm guessing you're not boosted or running a high comp racing setup with ITBs. So really any exhaust system that flows 2.25" will work well and sound good.
Old 08-13-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mac25
Flow is good, don't worry about the brand, a pipe is a pipe, any cheap ebay header will flow the same as the high end brands.

I'd suggest a highflow cat. from Magnaflow.

I'm guessing you're not boosted or running a high comp racing setup with ITBs. So really any exhaust system that flows 2.25" will work well and sound good.
thanks for the advice. Im still kinda new to tunning. No my cars not boosted or running a high comp racing set up with ITBs, all i have put on is a magnaflow street series cat-back exhaust with the main tubbing diameter at 2.25" and a weapon r dragon short ram intake. I don't really care for brands so i could still stay cheap. Are their interchangeable headers from other engines for the d17a?
Old 08-14-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,456 Likes on 1,207 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

what engine is in there? VTEC active?

when they are in special sales, I got the DC sports, and gave some kick to my EX D17A2 (although I already had the Crower stage 1 cam and AEM CAI)

but it is a 4-1 - although the crower cam increase torque all over the band, so not sure the impact on a stock camshafted car.
Old 08-14-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
what engine is in there? VTEC active?

when they are in special sales, I got the DC sports, and gave some kick to my EX D17A2 (although I already had the Crower stage 1 cam and AEM CAI)

but it is a 4-1 - although the crower cam increase torque all over the band, so not sure the impact on a stock camshafted car.
thanks for the reply and info. My honda civic has a jdm D17A vtec 1.7l 4cyl engine. Would doing the stage 1 cam and AEM CAI be better then doing a 4-2-1 header with a performance catalytic converter?
Old 08-15-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

just drop the cam and it will be the highest gain these engines will ever have.

later on you decide what you want to change next.

do one at a time and you will know what you will get from them.

intake/exhaust alone will only get you more noise when stock camshaft. lots of members in the past have done and knows it. Anyone saying that he had gains have a pretty weak butt-dyno

having the camshaft and then adding later the intake/exhaust, and it will uncork even further the camshaft.
Old 08-15-2017
Registered!!

just drop the cam and it will be the highest gain these engines will ever have.

later on you decide what you want to change next.

do one at a time and you will know what you will get from them.

intake/exhaust alone will only get you more noise when stock camshaft. lots of members in the past have done and knows it. Anyone saying that he had gains have a pretty weak butt-dyno

having the camshaft and then adding later the intake/exhaust, and it will uncork even further the camshaft.
thanks. Looks like ill do the cam, is there a good cam set up or are they all kinda the same
Old 08-16-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

crower stage 1 cam. that the cam that does the magic

just drop it in and do the ECU relearn
Old 08-16-2017
Registered!!

crower stage 1 cam. that the cam that does the magic

just drop it in and do the ECU relearn
thanks, the only crower stage 1 cam I can find is for the d17a2. Will that work on my d17a? Sorry for all the questions
Old 08-17-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

best ask to vendor, i honestly have no idea.

although i think it was slightly higher compression or such. they wouldn't mess too much around, it is costly to change the tooling to make something different just to make it different
Old 08-17-2017
Registered!!

best ask to vendor, i honestly have no idea.

although i think it was slightly higher compression or such. they wouldn't mess too much around, it is costly to change the tooling to make something different just to make it different
okie thanks youve been a lot of help