7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kincho is an unknown quantity at this point
Pressure

hi
i replace the radiator of my car a couple day ago (2003 Honda Civic lx) I also install a new coolant thermostat I installed everything together put a new coolant fluid let it run a little bit keep adding more coolant until it got to the level I also put coolant in the reservoir tank to the max level but now the radiator is building too much pressure even when the car engine is cool if I open the radiator cap it will splash fluid I don't know if I did something wrong anyone any idea what should I check? The car is not overheating but I don't know if too much pressure will damage the new radiator.
Old 05-31-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Pressure

Try bleeding air out of the coolant.

1) raise front of car on jack stands as high as possible
2) set climate contrrol to max heat with fan off
3) remove radiator cap (safely if engine is hot..use a rag and open cap halfway and let pressure out before fully removing)
4) with radiator cap off (optional: funnel in radiator neck to prevent over-spill) warm engine up to operating temp and then rev engine for 15 to 30 seconds up to 3,000 rpms or in that range. Rev engine like this intermittently until bubbles get smaller and smaller. The idea is to bleed out as much air from coolant as possible.
5) the next day check reservoir and fill to appropriate level. Monitor reservoir and radiator levels (when engine is cold) for a few days afterwards.