7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2004 civic immobilizer issue help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt Galloway is an unknown quantity at this point
2004 civic immobilizer issue help!!

Went to pass a semi the other day and my car is a automatic as soon as it attempted to downshift to pass it went to limp mode and will not exceed 52mph. And I have to manually shift it from d2 to d3. The green key light flashes on and off; also I had it go off and the car drive normal for maybe 5 minutes. Please any help appreciated!
Old 02-16-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2004 civic immobilizer issue help!!

Someone left the alternator loose? Tighten all of the bolts holding the alternator on, see if problems persist.

If the bolts are found to be properly tightened, check all engine and trans grounds.
Old 02-17-2017
Registered!!

Wow your awesome the top alt bolt is backing out im about to tighten it up I'll fill you in on the results. Thank you
Old 02-17-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

If you are lucky the PCM hasn't been burned up by the loose bolt. Currently they are on national backorder with only 2 anywhere in the US at dealers and 1 of those is en route to me for a dead car.

Honda really needs to get their supply caught up.
Old 02-17-2017
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

Caught up?? Might want to consider with a 2004, that in just a few years, pretty much parts unless they carry on in newer car years less then 10 years old will be dropped totally by Honda. 10 years is all they are required to make them.
Old 02-17-2017
Registered!!

Ecu is fried! I can only assume. Tightened the bolt up and still same result. One question to get my new ecu programed do I need both keys because I only have one key
Old 02-17-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matt Galloway
Ecu is fried! I can only assume. Tightened the bolt up and still same result. One question to get my new ecu programed do I need both keys because I only have one key
You need all available keys, they will be programmed as part of the process.

If you find other keys later on, the immobilizer probably won't recognize them and they would need programmed to the car again.

What can happen to the hard parts if the alternator was left loose for too long...bolt worn away, alternator was running crooked, bolt threads stripped out of the bracket and bolt, lower bracket broke in half....PLUS the PCM is fried.
(I'd never seen the lower bracket broken in half before this one)

Name:  FmhiBzR.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  4.23 MB
Old 02-17-2017
Registered!!

I just want to say thanks for the insight to all of you that responded. This forum is by far the best I've seen with support. Thanks again
Old 02-17-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

And then there was one....

I posted earlier in this thread about there only being 2 in the country and 1 of those was on its way to me. Got it about 40 minutes ago and it is clearly not a new unit. It wasn't in the bubble wrap, it was just sitting on top of the bubble wrap in the box. Plus the unit is covered in corrosion and doesn't communicate with an OEM Honda scanner. Looks like anyone wanting a factory PCM is now totally SOL unless something changes.
Old 02-20-2017
Registered!!

New update 02 ecu worked after programed
Runs great!
Old 02-20-2017

Originally Posted by Matt Galloway
New update 02 ecu worked after programed
Runs great!
Hey man, an 02 PCM might be able to run the 04 engine but you're probably gonna have O2 sensor code problems....the newer one uses an AF sensor on the primary position and the older PCM can't make heads or tails of that input.

The 04 car and engine configuration needs to use an 04 or 05 PCM.