7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Are Honda warrantied automatic trannies reman or rebuilt?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Are Honda warrantied automatic trannies reman or rebuilt?

Dealer ordered one for me today, but he says it will either be new or rebuilt. Chances rebuilt and you only get a new one if there are no rebuilt ones available in the country, then they pull a brand new one from the factory where they make them. But he says that when the tranny comes in, he wont be able to tell me if its a new one or rebuilt.

When he says rebuilt, does he mean reman? He says that how the process works is, when a honda tranny goes bad, the dealer pulls it and sends it to their Honda repair plant for trannies to repair and test. Does Honda have their own plant for rebuilding trannies or do they outsource them to general tranny shops?

He says at this plant, this is where they take apart the trannies and rebuild them replacing every single seal, part, clutch pack, gear, inside no matter if its still good or not. Then it goes under rigerous testing before being put up as a available to the dealers.

Does this sound legit?

Should I be concerned if I get shipped a rebuilt one? I sure hope all dealers go through their OEM repair plant and not scour for used trannies from junkyards or 3rd party tranny shops. I would be very upset if they got my tranny from a 3rd party non OEM certified shop.
Old 10-27-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are Honda warrantied automatic trannies reman or rebuilt?

It's a warranty job, it will not come from a junkyard.
It will be a Honda approved unit, either new or reman.

Quit worrying.
Old 11-02-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pier7866 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
Dealer ordered one for me today, but he says it will either be new or rebuilt. Chances rebuilt and you only get a new one if there are no rebuilt ones available in the country, then they pull a brand new one from the factory where they make them. But he says that when the tranny comes in, he wont be able to tell me if its a new one or rebuilt.

When he says rebuilt, does he mean reman? He says that how the process works is, when a honda tranny goes bad, the dealer pulls it and sends it to their Honda repair plant for trannies to repair and test. Does Honda have their own plant for rebuilding trannies or do they outsource them to general tranny shops?

He says at this plant, this is where they take apart the trannies and rebuild them replacing every single seal, part, clutch pack, gear, inside no matter if its still good or not. Then it goes under rigerous testing before being put up as a available to the dealers.

Does this sound legit?

Should I be concerned if I get shipped a rebuilt one? I sure hope all dealers go through their OEM repair plant and not scour for used trannies from junkyards or 3rd party tranny shops. I would be very upset if they got my tranny from a 3rd party non OEM certified shop.

Normally the Honda will do remanufacture one but most of the components are brand new in that transmission that is why the take your old one and send it back. when I did on mine 2001 Honda civic it came with 3 years or 35,000 miles which ever come first. Its literally a brand new one your ride become so smooth but if you do make sure you add an external transmission oil filter which will help your transmission work for a longer time. Hope this helps.
Old 11-05-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i would also ad a transmission cooler. to bad they don't make the racing overhaul transmission kits anymore that would make your stock car bullet proof.
Old 04-16-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
e4wd2325 is an unknown quantity at this point

Use magnefine in line filter to protect/extend transmission (just after 5K miles)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	magnefine filter 2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	88708   Click image for larger version

Name:	magnefine filter 1.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	88709   Click image for larger version

Name:	magnefine filter 3.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	42.9 KB