7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Civic go bye bye.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aircooledjames is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic go bye bye.

Bought my 05 vp coupe new. I've got 240k on her and she's still running pretty well with only minor hiccups here and there. Just got a new job and it's time to let her go. It's actually pretty sad, been through a lot with this one.
Minor mods-neuspeed strut tower, jdm dc-5 type r suspension, aem v2 intake, sun hyper ground kit, progress front sway bar. currently catless.

Purchasing new car at the end of the week/1.5 weeks and was wondering peoples opinions. These are the best prices i could get on the vehicles

I've narrowed it down to the
2013 accord sport- $21,500 with ??? trade in value
2013 civic si sedan-$22,000 with ??? trade in value
2013 Subaru BRZ- $ 26,200 with 1-2k trade in value.
2013 Scion Frs- $25,5000 with 3k trade in value.

Which of these would you guys pick. Also i'll be putting roughly 50-60 miles per day on the vehicle.

I went through a lot of options and drove a lot of cars, STI, evo x, 135i, g37s, mazdaspeed3. But these seem like the most practical, affordable, and fun cars, in the long run. Love the evo x, but for 35k the interior is a joke. 135's have known fuel pump problems, g37 guzzles gas, mazdaspeed 3 has waaay too much torque steer. Too many of my friends have sti's/wrx's plus the average mpg's are terrible. Also thought about a used 996 911 c4s, but the maintanence is a little too high for everyday driving. Anywho, out of those four which would you guys pick?

Last edited by aircooledjames; 03-12-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-11-2013
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Civic go bye bye.

all of the mods will decrease the trade in value, not increase it....you would be better off returning the car to stock if you have all the parts still,

a dealer will probably refuse to take it without a cat
Old 03-11-2013
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cb450sc is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you considered a 2013 Kia Optima? I have a 2011 model and love it. That Accord is pretty sweeeeet though. I took one for a drive last week. I love all of the extra features I get on the Otima
Old 03-11-2013
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Well, the BRZ and FRS are the same car basically except the BRZ offers the luxury options that are not available in the FRS.- Both fun to drive, Civic SI is a fun little car, and the new accords have great imporvements on the interior...depends what you are looking for? More of a family car? do you want 4 door or two.. i would test drive them all and see what you like more, infact test drive the civic to the scion dealer and test drive the FRS and tell them to beat the price of the car you are already test driving.. Play the dealers against eachother..

As for trade in- you might be better off selling it personnaly and using that as a down payment.. As mentioned mods do you not help you for trading in.
Old 03-11-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

id probably end up with the accord because of the nicer Interior.all those major ecu problems with frs brz would make me think twice about buying one.
Old 03-11-2013
Registered!!

i planned on going back to stock. the cat situation is not that i don't have a cat it's that the crappy d17 one cracked and went out. i plan on replacing that soon and going back to stock before trade it, other than suspension (plus it's not terribly noticable over stock). The only reason i wouldn't fix anything is if the dealers offer 3k without me fixing anything or going back to stock. I did get a chance to drive all the vehicles, the brz defininatly more daily drivable than the frs (a lot more road noise/bouncier). The accord blew my mind (esp the 6 speed) with all it's creature comforts/sound deadening. The only problem i have with the accord is it's a little vanilla, sure it's nice and all, but at the end of the day it's still more of a family car. The si was a good medium between the brz/frs and the accord. The k24 in that is ***** quick. It's a tough one, I guess it really depends on the deal i get offered. I find the Honda dealerships are a lot more aggressive when it comes to bargains. The subie dealerships won't really budge on price.

Thanks for the opinions so far.

Last edited by aircooledjames; 03-11-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-11-2013
Registered!!

DeamonG37S is an unknown quantity at this point

new si
Old 03-11-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

huuunh, accord would win on space/trunk?
new vic makes me knida sad for the rear beam type, but maybe it's better the strut/multi-link in rear?
BRZ/FRS, from what i hear is BRZ understeering/FRS oversteering (spring rear setup?)
did you notice you ordered them options in cargo space order?
Old 03-11-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
huuunh, accord would win on space/trunk?
new vic makes me knida sad for the rear beam type, but maybe it's better the strut/multi-link in rear?
BRZ/FRS, from what i hear is BRZ understeering/FRS oversteering (spring rear setup?)
did you notice you ordered them options in cargo space order?
The accord trunk, is pretty silly in a good way. You can literally fit 3 bodies in there. Not that i condone that type of thing (wink wink). Accord handles surprisingly well and is probably the most practical (lowest price, insurance, and biggest space). The sport is pretty mean looking doesn't really need much other than maybe some tint. Shifting is very smooth and easy. Clutch is very light.

The Vic is f*cking quick. People can hate on the k24 from k20 all they want but the torque is damned good. Steering is engaging. Def more body roll in the civic. Shifts are very crisp. I actually prefer the tranny on the civic vs the frs/brz and accord.

The brz def has heavier steering, but i don't mind it. The fit and finish is much better than the frs i drove today. The styling is def a bit more muted and mature. And the deal i'm getting on it is pretty good, only 600 over the frs in pearl white. 600 for hid's, better interior, and navi isn't bad.

The frs feels more like my civic, more raw. Very light on it's toes, tail is pretty easy to whip.

My only major issue is that i live in seattle and it's not exactly a rwd weather area, but then again plenty of beamer/mercs/and other rwd cars on the road and they seem to get by fine. Guess it helps that the other family car is an impreza. i guess worst case scenario i buy the frs/brz and trade it down the road for an accord. i'm sure it will hold it's value pretty well. No kids yet, it's either have a sports car now, or wait till i'm 50. lol
Old 03-12-2013

Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Well 600 more for the extra luxury is a good thing, BRZ would be a good choice, its whatever you enjoyed more really.
Old 03-12-2013
Registered!!

DeamonG37S is an unknown quantity at this point

frs/brz r tiny toys imo. get a s2 if thats the case. looks wayyy better.
Old 03-13-2013
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

FRS > all your choices
Old 03-17-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

The cars you pick are not even close to the same.
Are you looking for something fun? Or something a bit more practical?

I say the middle ground between them all would be the Si..
Old 03-25-2013
Registered!!

Car Update:

Trigger pulled. I purchased a black silica BRZ limited. It was too good of a deal to pass up, plus got a really great interest rate on it.
Old 03-25-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

congrats!
Old 03-26-2013
Registered!!

Hiryuu is an unknown quantity at this point

Badass, I'm jealous. Enjoy your new car!
Old 04-01-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Hiryuu
Badass, I'm jealous. Enjoy your new car!
Thanks man, a lot of hard work finally paid off.

Here she is guys.
Old 04-19-2013
Registered!!

BRZ update, car is awesome. Clutch engagement took a little time to get used to, but i love my car. Same love i had for my civic when i first got it. Hopefully i won't put 25k a year on it like i did my civic. =P
Old 04-19-2013

Post some pictures.. those cars are sweat.
Old 08-13-2013
Registered!!

Super late response, hardly have the time to go on forums. I'll try to post some pics as soon as i can. I've been driving the thing a lot. put 11k on it since march.
Old 08-13-2013
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

At least you're getting your money's worth!