7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Aftermarket car alarm removal tutorials?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mmatlock is an unknown quantity at this point
Aftermarket car alarm removal tutorials?

I only saw like one tutorial on here on how to do it and it didn't seem very well written with really bad quality pictures. There's only one or two videos on youtube for removing car alarm systems. How come there's barely any demonstrations? Is it too hard to do for the average car DIY enthusiast? I don't want to pay someone a couple hundred dollars to remove it.
Old 11-06-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Aftermarket car alarm removal tutorials?

Why do you want to remove it? There probably isn't a DIY because a lot of people ae not doing it.
Old 11-06-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I yank them out of almost any trade-ins I can.

Remove all non-factory wiring and boxes, restore any chopped and hacked original wires back to normal.
Most only have the (starter) crank wire cut in half, the rest of the wiring only has insulation skinned back to tap in more wires.

Each unit/system is different.
Every installer does things differently.
No set rules.
Gotta be able to deal with every possible situation.

If one has never dealt with wiring before, this may not be a good thing to learn on.
Old 11-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Pretty much what ezone said..

I have pulled one out of my car.
I had the whole nine yards..with remote start and all.

I got rid of it primarily because it was installed by a butcher and my doors didnt want to lock anymore but the alarm would engage. It would have been more work to install the way I wanted it then to just remove it.

Lesson learned. No one touches my car again, especially my electronics.

What I can recommend if you do decide to do it:
-Make sure that the wires that are cut are spliced properly back together, and insulated properly.

There really isnt much more to it then that.
Unless it was a super clean job (Which I doubt) the aftermarket wires are going to be pretty obvious.
Once you locate the 'brain" of the alarm you will be able to follow the wires where they go and disconnect them from there.

Just for reference, it took me all day to remove mine and solder and heatshrink everything. Some things were in really akward spots when it came time to soldering.

Last edited by 04 Honda Civic; 11-06-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-07-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mmatlock is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys. I don't know if I'm going to try it since I don't have experience in wiring. I bought this car from a previous owner who had installed it. I really don't like it, it goes off when I'm connecting battery terminals and it's just annoying to deal with. It's a hornet aftermarket alarm system. Aftermarket alarm systems really don't seem necessary and **** off your neighbors.
Old 11-07-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mmatlock
Aftermarket alarm systems really .....

**** off your neighbors.
Try riding a Hog with no mufflers at 2AM.