7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Are my rear all-season floor mats genuine?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
giraffe11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are my rear all-season floor mats genuine?

Hello all, new member Giraffe(2003 DX Sedan MT) here !

I bought some OEM rear all-season floor mats from eBay because they are discontinued and no longer sold by brick-mortal dealers/Majestic and was curious if you think they are genuine or replicas. As I have genuine front mats to compare to I was hoping you'd comment on my reservations.

First, these rears are a bit thinner than the front mats; also, on the back it looks mostly similar to the front mat but in large font print says "HONDA RUBBER" whereas the front mats say something to the effect of front right(or left). Also the front mats have the words "civic" etched into the rubber and these rears are completely plain. The mats seem decent enough but if I'm going to pay the premium over Walmart mats I'd like to not have doubts.

I'll link the auction which contains pictures. I'll warn that despite being advertised as new they are worn.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=221068421084

Last question: to those who bought front all weather mats from a dealer, did they include the anchors to secure the driver's side to the floor? Mine did not .

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are my rear all-season floor mats genuine?

i used to have the genuine floor mats (came with the new car from dealer, but they were cloth) and yes the fronts have a civic logo sewn on but the rears do not. ones in ebay link look real. front all season looks like this with logo, from www.handaaccessories.com and rears are plain.

Old 08-04-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
giraffe11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply Gearbox

I've spent some time looking over the "genuine" Honda UPC label compared against a label from a dealer ordered part and I have suspicions that it was produced using a consumer grade inkjet rather than a laser label printer used for the dealer label. Also, the seller layered a bunch of packing tape over the label but it appears to be of poor quality and the colors faded significantly after removal of what tape I could(which shouldn't happen with a decent quality label).

Would anyone be willing to check if the thickness of the front and rear (01-05 OEM all-weather) feel the same, if the gripping "spikes" on the bottom are the same style on both, and it says "HONDA RUBBER" on the back of the rear mats?

Much appreciated! I'd rather not be an easy mark overpaying for counterfeits, just out of principle.
Old 08-04-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i dont have any to compare, but i have ordered quite a few parts from the local dealer and majestic online. and handa as well. the labels are always different, and it depends where they come from and the part origin. i would not say it was fake just because the label is bad.