7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rip

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough
Rip

so my buddy was driving my car since his car is in my driveway on jackstands getting a new clutch. and i get a call. enough said this is my car now.

he slid (hydroplaned) through an intersection got t-boned by a 2010 subaru outback, spun in a 360 and hit a 2009 toyota corolla with the passenger side rear bumper.

anyways he is giving me his tax money and im parting out the car to help pay for it. if you need parts pm me its a d17a1 with 5-speed 110k miles perfect running condition. interior is nearly perfect. anything under the hood can go. let me know what you need.
Old 01-12-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Rip

That sucks man.
Old 01-12-2012
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

yeah...at least i already have another car. i was already emotionally detached from my 7th gen cuz i was gonna sell for my turbo project in the 2000 ex and a engine rebuild.

and all i have to do is pay the lot fees and a tow home (IF it doesnt run). aparently the guy tried to start the car and said it wouldnt start. but one of the people that was in the car at the time said he didnt push the clutch. so if i go in there and it starts right up (im not sure why it wouldnt) im disputing the fees and the tow. WHICH they never even authorized a tow with me to begin with. i got to the scene and immediately took this picture. as they were driving away.

but yeah im not too upset about it. i just need to part this thing out fast. i dont even know how much a d17 goes for with 110k miles...any advice?
Old 01-12-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Holy sheepdip. That really sucks. Got backup transportation?
Old 01-12-2012
Registered!!

yeah i have a 2000 civic ex and had my 2004
Old 01-12-2012
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Sorry to hear and see that...Its good you have a back up car but sux your friend totalled your car..
Old 01-12-2012
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

Man I loved your civic. It was so clean. Do you have a set of headers or upper strut bar?
Old 01-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

hydroplaned sounds like your friend was driving it like he stole it hydroplaned my ***. id be pisst even if i hated the car thats still thousands out of your pocket and your insurance is going to sky rocket i would sue this guy. i mean he obviously disregarded your property like it was nothing now i would disregard his friendship in the court room. how much for the headlights if there not damaged ???
Old 01-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LilRedEX is an unknown quantity at this point

That sucks man, sorry to hear
Old 01-12-2012
Registered!!

HateOnEveryone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lowlife9
hydroplaned sounds like your friend was driving it like he stole it hydroplaned my ***. id be pisst even if i hated the car thats still thousands out of your pocket and your insurance is going to sky rocket i would sue this guy. i mean he obviously disregarded your property like it was nothing now i would disregard his friendship in the court room. how much for the headlights if there not damaged ???
I agree 100% a fwd car isnt gona hydroplane he was definitly driving like an idiot I never lend ou5 mycar for this exact reason. U cud get introuble because ur friends not on r insurence' I hate to say it but this is probally going to cause u alot of greif..any way good luck man wish u the best. If make a partout thread tho.
Old 01-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

it looks like the speed limit on that road would be 35 mph im guessing he tried to make the light to fast and lost control around the corner. i hope you don't get sued by these people you mite be royaly screwed.
Old 01-12-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SlimRisk
Man I loved your civic. It was so clean. Do you have a set of headers or upper strut bar?
Yeah i had a megan racing 4-1 header and a megan upper strut bar for front and rear and lower brace. If u want all of it $150

Also the headlights were spared thankfully. $100 for the set with my 8000k hids

Also i have a set of oem black housing lights with sylvania zxe bulbs for $100

Also i asked the cop and he said i was fine since i wasnt driving. He would get sued if anything. Plus this guy is like my brother so i know he is laying me back.
Old 01-12-2012
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

What if just for the strut bars and lower brace? Without the headers?
Old 01-12-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,199 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

godammit...
sorry fer yer loss...
i seems yeh really lucky, after all. Yeh got the 6th gen what, 2-3 weeks ago? It ended up being a great move, not needing to hurry to get a car.
Old 01-12-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by pwnsauce
Also i asked the cop and he said i was fine since i wasnt driving. He would get sued if anything. Plus this guy is like my brother so i know he is laying me back.
Im not trying to scare u bro but u mite get into some trouble even tho u werent driving the car is in ur name and ur boy isnt under your insurence if u dont get sued or w.e ur in danger of osing ur insurence provider because at leaste in certai. States ur not allosed to lt people drive in ur car unles there covered under ur insurence
Old 01-13-2012
Registered!!

In ohio liability goes eith the driver. And comprehensive goes with the car. So if u have liability you are fine in a car insured by someone else. But if you have full coveragr and you drive a car not insured by you you wont have full coverage on that car.

Also like $50+ shipping on just the headers.
Old 01-13-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
godammit...
sorry fer yer loss...
i seems yeh really lucky, after all. Yeh got the 6th gen what, 2-3 weeks ago? It ended up being a great move, not needing to hurry to get a car.
yeah i know right? when he called it was kinda weird thinkin to myself "lemme hop in my...other...car and go see how bad it is"

but now im not so sure i wanna continue the ej turbo project. thinkin about sellin the ej for an em1 and just doing suspension mods.
Old 01-13-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch, everytime i see one of these posts, i get more and more afraid to drive.

Sorry for your loss man, at least you have a car now

I on the EM1 decision, but the only downside is, those cars are hot items, and theft rate is pretty much through the roof.
The B16 is probably one of the best platform to work with too.
Old 01-13-2012
Registered!!

boyd117 is an unknown quantity at this point

Man this is such a sad thing too see, it must somewhere deep down inside **** you off that its totaled...just a shitty feeling. Anyways I hope everything legally works out for you.

With that said how much for the driver side door panel assuming its black?

Also the CAI?

Last edited by boyd117; 01-13-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-13-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by boyd117
Man this is such a sad thing too see, it must somewhere deep down inside **** you off that its totaled...just a shitty feeling. Anyways I hope everything legally works out for you.

With that said how much for the driver side door panel assuming its black?

Also the CAI?
It does a little since i have to wait for my money but it happens.

Make me an offer on the driver door panel, it is black and came from a vp so manual locks and window. On the cai like $40. Its an ebay one rattle canned metallic red.

All prices not including shipping.
Old 01-14-2012
2001 Civic LX Sedan

Biscuit will become famous soon enoughBiscuit will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by HateOnEveryone
a fwd car isnt gona hydroplane
You are ignorant. Any FWD vehicle can hydroplane.
Old 01-14-2012
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

yea, i've hydroplained in my civic many times.
Old 01-14-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Biscuit
You are ignorant. Any FWD vehicle can hydroplane.
Not if ur driving like a normal person how ever if ur speeding in the rain and the light changes u jam on the brakes slide threw an intersection and total ur boys car, I guess saying u hydroplanned is a good idea. I didnt say its impossible to hydroplane but the odds of spontaniously hydroplaning in fwd.car and sliding threw and intersection sounds extreamly unlikly and more like a lie to passify the owner
Old 01-14-2012
Registered!!

03civict is an unknown quantity at this point

Will you ship to canada ?
Old 01-14-2012

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

I have spontaneously hydroplaned in my civic while going less then the speed limit. Total freak accident. No slamming on breaks or anything. slid right into a curb while merging into the turning lane.
Old 01-14-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I've hydroplaned driving in heavy rain on the highway
All the way from Pt A to Pt B
Going 15 under the limit

Lol,
That's when I knew I had to buy new tires :3
Old 01-14-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 03civict
Will you ship to canada ?
If you pay shipping and depending on what part, possibly.

Also ive hydroplaned lots of times in the em2. Just not when its barely raining like it was.
Old 01-14-2012
Civ ILL

drmcstford is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear about your car man 1 up on the em1 idea !
Old 01-14-2012

The horrible thing about when it's barely raining is that it surfaces all the oils in the asphalt. It ends up just sitting on top of the road instead of being pushed around by heavy rainfall. That's when it can be the most dangerous, especially if you don't think about it. That's what happened to me.
Old 01-15-2012
Registered!!

03civict is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pwnsauce
If you pay shipping and depending on what part, possibly.

Also ive hydroplaned lots of times in the em2. Just not when its barely raining like it was.
Would be to Nova Scotia, but I should stick to my plan and save money for a ex head so I can swap and finally get

Quick Reply: Rip