7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

First time buying on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough
First time buying on ebay

So summer's here and it's time to start the mods that i've had planned since last fall. first up, fog lights! this is also the first time i've ever bought anything on ebay. before i order, i want to know what to look for (how to check if the buyer is reputable or whatever it takes to make sure i don't get a crappy product or ripped off).

here's the fog lights i want: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...item5d2ecaa862

i chose those specifically because of the free shipping. since i'm in canada, shipping is always $40+ and on a product like this, that doubles the price. should I place the order? only 8 hours left. i usually see "10+ in stock" but I don't here, does that mean maybe it's someone reselling them? sorry to sound paranoid but i reallllly dont want to get ripped.

thanks
Old 05-22-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: First time buying on ebay

To be honest, I'm pretty sure every set of foglights on ebay are made in one giant chinese factory. I ordered the least expensive ones I could find, $30 shipped to my US PO box, and I'm pretty impressed with the quality.

You should get some eye lids to
Old 05-22-2011
Foh Doh!

CivicStan is an unknown quantity at this point

Its been a few years since i've bought off ebay. But like the person ahead of me said..those lights are probably made in some foreign country. What I usually do is I usually buy from people who are in the United States or Canada because it won't take as long for my stuff to get delivered. Also to see if the person is a trustworthy seller. There is usualy a number next to that persons name. click on it..you can read all the buyer comments that people have left. if there is like just a handful of red comments then more then likely those people just got bad luck with the buyer...high amount of green...i usually buy from the person.
Old 05-22-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MindBomber
To be honest, I'm pretty sure every set of foglights on ebay are made in one giant chinese factory. I ordered the least expensive ones I could find, $30 shipped to my US PO box, and I'm pretty impressed with the quality.

You should get some eye lids to
If it's got free shipping, then I probably will haha

so, the link i posted, good or not? does it come with everything I need? it says it comes with:

Kit includes: 1 pair of fog lights, pre-assembled wiring harness, On/Off switch, relay, mounting bracket.

hopefully i'll be able to make my ebay account and order it tonight

Originally Posted by CivicStan
Its been a few years since i've bought off ebay. But like the person ahead of me said..those lights are probably made in some foreign country. What I usually do is I usually buy from people who are in the United States or Canada because it won't take as long for my stuff to get delivered. Also to see if the person is a trustworthy seller. There is usualy a number next to that persons name. click on it..you can read all the buyer comments that people have left. if there is like just a handful of red comments then more then likely those people just got bad luck with the buyer...high amount of green...i usually buy from the person.
ty! gonna check out this dude
Old 05-22-2011
Foh Doh!

CivicStan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brian1037
If it's got free shipping, then I probably will haha

so, the link i posted, good or not? does it come with everything I need? it says it comes with:

Kit includes: 1 pair of fog lights, pre-assembled wiring harness, On/Off switch, relay, mounting bracket.

hopefully i'll be able to make my ebay account and order it tonight

ty! gonna check out this dude

np man. ebay is great...i might start back up on it
Old 05-22-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Alright new plan. i hadn't checked properly and shipping to canada isnt free on that item, so it's back to searching, and i found this one (based on price)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...item3367e851d5

says it comes with: One left and one right light, wire harness and switch

i dont see a relay though (tbh im not even sure what a relay is in the first place). so, is this kit missing something or should I go with it?

edit: problem #2! most sellers say that they only ship to confirmed paypal accounts. according to paypals faq i cant confirm if im outside the u.s. (https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/ma...rInstance=9014)

mindbomber, i know you're from BC; do you order from ebay? if so... how do I get around this?

thanks

Last edited by Brian1037; 05-22-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-22-2011
Registered!!

WillyBrown is an unknown quantity at this point

On EBAY there is a number next to the sellers name that is their "positive feedback" number. The higher the number the more positive transactions they have a history of whether buying or selling. So the higher the better. As far as shipping to confirmed paypal address's, I would contact the seller ahead of time....usually they will work with you but you might get charged more than listed.
Old 05-22-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Vancouver is very close to the border, so to combat the cost of shipping there are a number of companies located within a block of the U.S. border crossings that allow you to ship packages to them for a $3-4 fee. I just walk across and pick up cheap beer and my packages.

I know other people in Canada use package forwarding, ship the package to a place like the one I go to using the free shipping offers and pay a reasonable shipping price to have them ship it directly to you.
Old 05-22-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Vancouver is very close to the border, so to combat the cost of shipping there are a number of companies located within a block of the U.S. border crossings that allow you to ship packages to them for a $3-4 fee. I just walk across and pick up cheap beer and my packages.

I know other people in Canada use package forwarding, ship the package to a place like the one I go to using the free shipping offers and pay a reasonable shipping price to have them ship it directly to you.
ughhh im not that close to the border guess ill have to keep searching for cheap shipping
Old 05-23-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Ok found something that looks promising: http://cgi.ebay.ca/2004-2005-HONDA-C...item1c1bdc1f98

But, i have some questions. Right under the buy it now price it says 45$ shipping. however further down it says shipping to canada is 20$. which is the correct value or are they both added together?