7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Texas highway speedlimits

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Texas highway speedlimits

Originally Posted by Shift-E
I live in Ottawa, Ontario and Ontario in general is known to have the worst drivers in Canada. This was brought up in another thread before, but on the show "Canada's worst driver" (I think theres an american equivalent?) out of the 6 seasons, 4 were from Ontario. 2 of which were from Ottawa.
Nah I'm willing to bet 10475$ that Quebec has the worst drivers. Not only do we have horrible careless drivers, but we have the worst roads in Canada (and probably the continent) so the horrible drivers are constantly avoiding pot holes that can swallow a wheel. The reason we aren't on Canada's Worst Driver is cause we're a bunch of arrogant ****s who don't participate in anything English cause vivre le Francais tabernack
Old 04-17-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MindBomber
See I frequently have people tail gate and flash their headlights at me, because I'm in the fast lane and they want to pass me. Eighty percent of the time there's another car in front of me though, I'm just travelling at the a reasonable following distance with matched speed, instead of tail gating like the dummy behind me. If the person behind me can't realize that then that's their problem, I'm not changing lanes.
Oh ya, if theres a couple of cars in a row then it doesnt bug me. But if it's just one guy, THATS when its a real pain in the ***.
All my comments are of course traffic permitting, I should have mentioned that before, my bad.

Originally Posted by Brian1037
Nah I'm willing to bet 10475$ that Quebec has the worst drivers. Not only do we have horrible careless drivers, but we have the worst roads in Canada (and probably the continent) so the horrible drivers are constantly avoiding pot holes that can swallow a wheel. The reason we aren't on Canada's Worst Driver is cause we're a bunch of arrogant ****s who don't participate in anything English cause vivre le Francais tabernack.

Thats an oddly specific number to bet lol. And ya, quebecs got some crazies for sure. Since ottawa borders gatineu we get a lot of your drivers on our side too!
Old 04-17-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

I been in Toronto too... worse than QC... Ottawa is bad too.

Shift-E, concerning the fast lane, MB is making clear that any comments that could lead others that read this don't get the wrong idea. It could be mis-interpreted in the first post by yung'uns Cheers!
Old 04-17-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys sure like to ramble about canada's drivers...
Old 04-17-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

No, we just like rambling in general.
Old 04-17-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Lol i think it's because this site is so american dominated, that when us Canadians find each other we chat up a storm haha
Old 04-17-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

other problem with too high a speed limit is not everyone will do 85. some might be doing 60 or 70 and that will make it even more unsafe for those who are "speeding" since they will always be watching and trying to maneuver around slower traffic. can you imagine grandma going 85 when she can barely see over the steering wheel?

at least with the 65mph limit, a vast majority do the limit and some do a bit higher so its not an issue.
Old 04-17-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gearbox
other problem with too high a speed limit is not everyone will do 85. some might be doing 60 or 70 and that will make it even more unsafe for those who are "speeding" since they will always be watching and trying to maneuver around slower traffic. can you imagine grandma going 85 when she can barely see over the steering wheel?

at least with the 65mph limit, a vast majority do the limit and some do a bit higher so its not an issue.
all true

and the slight decrease in travel time doesn't justify the huge increase in speed and especially fuel consumption

on days that running late for school, I'll go faster and maybe save 5-7 minutes over 30km, but i can almost see my fuel gauge dropping lol
Old 04-17-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

^
I do the exact same thing.

If I'm late for class I drive between 120km/h or higher to try and make it on time, the fuel consumption is crazy though. Normally I go 95km and draft a semi.
Old 04-17-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Originally Posted by MindBomber
^
I do the exact same thing.

If I'm late for class I drive between 120km/h or higher to try and make it on time, the fuel consumption is crazy though. Normally I go 95km and draft a semi.
yeah I'm going around 95-100 as well 99% of the time.

I can never draft trucks though. I've tried a few times but i just cant do it properly. it seems like i cant get into the low pressure zone behind them, so im just taking on their wind instead and getting blown around
Old 04-17-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

just leave 5 mins early lol. speeding hardly ever gets you there much sooner and chances are you will be late already. be careful drafting trucks. alot of drivers hate cars that do this and know why they do it, and they dont like it. driving with a pack of cars will create the same effect compared to lone driving. just like migrating geese lol
Old 04-17-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gearbox
just like migrating geese lol

the first drives off the cliff and all others follow?!?
Old 04-17-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

The I article I read said only certain 4-lane highways will be around 85mph. They are going to be picky on what roads are increased. I expect lots of studies to be done on the road habits here. It breezed through legislation so our politicians believe the benifets outweigh the costs I guess. I like the new limits, I can drive home to see the parents faster and use my pops tools! It's gonna FORCE drivers to focus on the road more. Imagine trying to turn right on an 85mph highway and anticipating if you can enter without getting wrecked on the back end.

@the canada folks-- yeah I dont know how Canada drivers drive. We should get an female asian-American driver vs Canada's worst driver...sounds like TV show!
Old 04-17-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
I expect lots of studies to be done on the road habits here. It breezed through legislation so our politicians believe the benifets outweigh the costs I guess.
Remember budget bills? Politicians understand each other sooooo weeeell

It's gonna FORCE drivers to focus on the road more. Imagine trying to turn right on an 85mph highway and anticipating if you can enter without getting wrecked on the back end.
Wishful thinking... ask insurance companies how much they will be billing for roll-overs in exit ramps...
And the guy trying to explain what happened with catchup and mustard in his pants, soda stain all over his shirt and asking if someone seem his cell phone - he needs to finish the texting he was doing
@the canada folks-- yeah I dont know how Canada drivers drive. We should get an female asian-American driver vs Canada's worst driver...sounds like TV show!
Bwaaahahahahaaaha!

Last edited by sdaidoji; 04-17-2011 at 06:17 PM.