7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

needs help asap!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cvt_mike is an unknown quantity at this point
needs help asap!!

I have a 2002 honda civic ex d17 auto

I was driving and all of a sudden my battery light came on and my car blogged out. RPM dropped and it wouldnt pass 3000. I had to keep cranking it on and off and it finally pass 3000 but now its stalling at 5000. I changed out the map sensors which made it a little better but now my key light came on.
The car still starts up but its stuggling/blogging and I cant even pass 30. CEL is on for the 02 sensor for the manifold but i changed it, still does the same problem. Car isnt drivable and has been parked in garage for about a month now.. pls help!!
Old 12-03-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light
Re: needs help asap!!

Have you checked your battery and alternator? When the battery light comes on it means there is an issue in the charging system.
Start with the easy stuff, check the terminals for corrosion and loose connections. Check your grounds. Then take the car to have the battery and alternator checked.
Once that is done, then you should look at the other issues.
Old 12-03-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

It sounds like your stuck in limp mode, the car does that if theres a major problem to protect itself from damage. Either disconnect the battery or pull the ECU fuse for about a minute to reset the ECU, see if that drops the codes, if not hook it up to an OBDII reader and post the codes up.
Old 12-04-2010
Registered!!

I hooked it up to an OBDII reader last night but its not reading anymore. Keep having an error screen.

Battery is about a month old, i put a new one in and it still does the same thing. Alternator is fine as well.
Old 12-04-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

It might be a faulty ELD in the fuse box, those go all the time. The ELD is a small transformer built into the fuse box that monitors the draw off the battery. The ELD in turn feeds voltage to the ECU, which instructs the alternator how much to output based on the voltage its receiving.

There are so many things that can cause limp mode its hard to say narrow it down without a code
Old 12-08-2010
Registered!!

I changed out the fuse box but same problem. Crank the car up last night and it was blogging down. Going to swap out the ECU and see if that would fix the problem
Old 12-09-2010
Registered!!

i changed out the ECU today with the ignition, got the key reprogrammed and everything. At first the car ran normal but all of a sudden it blogged down and now im having the same problem AGAIN!!! i was so excited cause the car was running but now im stuck all over again!!!
Old 12-09-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

and you said an OBDII scanner can't read?
Old 12-09-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

You obviously have an open or short somewhere. May have caused the ECM/PCM to go bad again. Sorry about fuzzy pics, phone cam.
Name:  DLCcircuittroubleshoot.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  88.2 KB
Name:  DLCcircuittroubleshoot2.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  97.7 KB

Quick Reply: needs help asap!!