7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My Ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
user 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of light
My Ride

Horrible pictures but here's the before and after:

I have an old center console cover I'm going to get it wrapped a black color possibly.
Old 02-05-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My Ride

Are you going to re wrap the back seats to match the fronts? Good looking car though!
Old 02-05-2008
Banned

user 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Are you going to re wrap the back seats to match the fronts? Good looking car though!
Thanks.

I'm still thinking about that.

I'm actually thinking right now to wrap a spare armrest pad I have that's all worn out to black suede with red stiching. wrap the panel inserts with black suede. Not too sure exactly how to lay it out.
Old 02-05-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

I knew you were talking about the arm rest. I think black with the red stitching in the arm rest would really set it off. Match the panel inserts with the armrest (not sure how you could tie red stitching in to the panels though) Have you thought about a matching shift boot as well? If you go this far you might as well get the back seats redone!!!
Old 02-05-2008
Banned

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
I knew you were talking about the arm rest. I think black with the red stitching in the arm rest would really set it off. Match the panel inserts with the armrest (not sure how you could tie red stitching in to the panels though) Have you thought about a matching shift boot as well? If you go this far you might as well get the back seats redone!!!
u know it's possible. My grand mother is a professional sewer. hmmm... lol. She sews for a living. on the panels I think it's going to be straight black, I have no idea how to get red stiching. there's no place to put it to make it look natural. the boot yes i can do that.

With all that said and done I'll have lower gray door panels with black inserts, gray carpet, gray center console, gray roof including pillars, gray rear window panel. I can either paint it all black (or find a better solution) or leave it as black gray red theme.
Old 02-05-2008
Registered!!

I vote against painting anything black... It seems to me anything painted in the interior doesn't look right. I wouldn't mind the black/gray/red combo if the stock gray pieces were the color of the seat inserts (or at least the color of the shifter trim).

I don't know what to tell you aside from post pictures of the armrest/doors/shifter when you get the stuff done.

I just noticed you lived in LA. Sweet.
Old 02-05-2008
Banned

yeah i didn't feel like going the paint way.

"stock gray pieces " what are u refering to.

Yup i live in LA. u?
Old 02-05-2008
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

With the panels, follow the DIY in my sig.

If you want stiching on the panels, make three horizontal stiches across the center of the panel. Put a little curve in it if ya wanna add some more flavor. Thats the only way I can see you having stiching in there and not have it look retarted.

Cool seats. How much did they cost?
Old 02-05-2008
Banned

seats cost me 280.

i'm not sure if i should put black inserts in there. tho. black on top part of door panel and gray everything else underneath. gray inserts? a bit plain.

Last edited by user 92982; 02-05-2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-06-2008
Registered!!

The stock gray pieces are the trim pieces that are the color of those around the lower door jamb.

Brainstorming:

What about red inserts? that might look tacky but there is already a bit of red in the headrests, why not on the doors?

Black might actually look alright for the door suede because, correct me if I'm wrong(I forgot to look at my door panels for layout/ideas when I was just in my car), there would be black plastic, a strip of gray plastic, then your black suede, then gray plastic in that descending order. That wouldn't look to bad in my opinion.

I'm actually at UCI going to school but I make regular trips through LA (my bro lives in West LA and parents live in Bako). I love that place.
Old 02-06-2008
Banned

noice lord. yes black gray black gray would be the pattern. not bad i thought so too. i thought the red too but it might stand out a bit too much.

if you wanna chill we can see how it would look. get red and black fabric and put it on it. or maybe photoshop it? i'll just get different pics to photoshop to see how it will look.
Old 02-06-2008
Registered!!

All this talk has made me want to do something to my interior. I've been reading up on the custom headliner thread and triz's door suede thread. I'm not changing out my seats any time soon (if ever) so i would be left working with all the stock colors (my interior is the same as yours). My exterior color is ssm so I honestly don't know what colors would work aside from the stock colors. sigh.

I'm no photoshoper so you'll probably be best off creating a new thread for that unless you can do it yourself.
Old 02-06-2008
Banned

I'm going to photoshop it myself. and then post up to see if people like it. since you live in cali we can work on our rides together or some ****.
Old 02-07-2008
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

jeeez its like i got a twin lol nah just kidding looks good!
Old 02-07-2008
Banned

Originally Posted by mugenman
jeeez its like i got a twin lol nah just kidding looks good!
hehe. thanks.

Here's a dark picture of my front a little: