7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Transmission issues?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hemart18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Transmission issues?

So I'm great at driving a manual to start of but when I get my car going in first gear it starts to lug and shake when I give it more gas. Clutch is fully engaged and I'm trying to add gas but it just starts to lug. I have no clue what is wrong with it idk if it's my clutch or the transmission itself? It goes into every gear perfectly fine and drives great but furst gear is the only problem. Amd the clutch doesn't slip. Could the teeth on the gears grinded out or something related to that? Please help
Old 12-06-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Transmission issues?

So...engine runs bad under load?
Does it do the same in 2nd gear and higher if you mash the gas pedal or get the RPM up high?

Got CEL on ?
Got fault codes?