7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hood chrome molding.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Albertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond repute
Hood chrome molding.

Alright, here's the case.

It doesn't match. I wanna either take off that chrome piece or paint it black. But I took a closer look at the molding, and (I think I) found that the hood is indented in a way that conforms to the chrome molding piece.

Am I wrong? Can I just take off that piece and call it a day? Or am I gonna need to take off that chrome piece, paint it black/beige, and put it back on?

And anyone know how to take it off *properly*?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hood.jpg
Views:	4170
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	74766  
Old 09-03-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all
Re: Hood chrome molding.

Originally Posted by Albertross
Alright, here's the case.

It doesn't match. I wanna either take off that chrome piece or paint it black. But I took a closer look at the molding, and (I think I) found that the hood is indented in a way that conforms to the chrome molding piece.

Am I wrong? Can I just take off that piece and call it a day? Or am I gonna need to take off that chrome piece, paint it black/beige, and put it back on?

And anyone know how to take it off *properly*?
Don't be ghetto lol, you can buy a color matched hood trim and replace the chrome one with it, its worth it! I had to replace the trunk and hood trim.
Old 09-03-2008
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

Ohh and yeah as far as taking it off, if you look there are holes on the hood where there are nuts and some white clips. Take off the nuts and use a needle nose plier to squeeze and push the clips out at the same angle you see the bolts coming into the hood. Fairly quick and painless.
Old 09-03-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

buy the painted one for the coupe. it doesnt look pretty if you just take it off.
Old 09-03-2008

Albertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond repute

*smacks head*

Why didn't I think of that!

Now, I don't know if I should go for black or beige. lol

Oh, and can I get it from the dealership?

Last edited by Albertross; 09-03-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-04-2008
Registered!!

dealership. Color match it.
Old 09-04-2008
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

ha ha ha

my em2 doesnt have that
Old 09-08-2008
Registered!!

DefiantOne is an unknown quantity at this point

haha neither does 01 em2 coupe, that looks ghetto either way. I have an idea, how about a cf one lol...

who in their right mind would want to have a ugly piece of chrome put on their hood from the factory, say NO to chrome.
Old 09-15-2008

Originally Posted by ryox82
Don't be ghetto lol, you can buy a color matched hood trim and replace the chrome one with it, its worth it! I had to replace the trunk and hood trim.
Did you end up paying a wickedly big sum for that moulding assembly? Dealership says $70 and apparently the couple assembly doesn't fit the sedan assembly.
Old 09-16-2008
Registered!!

supafil25 will become famous soon enough

i got that same grill. but i color matched the outside of it (silver) and painted the hood piece silver too. looks good. i bought a can of color matched paint for $20 online here Express Paint
Old 09-17-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i have a coupe molding on my sedan.
Old 09-25-2008
Registered!!

dma001 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the coupe moulding on my 4dr, too. I bought mine from Majestic Honda (www.hondaautomotiveparts.com) -- replaced the rear license moulding as well. It's really easy.
Old 09-26-2008
Premium Member

got mine from handaaccessories.com and they even tell you its a coupe molding but its listed under sedan accessories.
Old 11-20-2008
Registered!!

03civicdopejmd is an unknown quantity at this point

anychance anyone has a chrome hood moulding layin around they want to sell me?
Old 11-20-2008
Premium Member

sorry threw mine away a while back
Old 11-20-2008
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
i have a coupe molding on my sedan.
ditto...ive even got the coupe upper grille on mine