7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Am i Screwed ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicarina will become famous soon enoughcivicarina will become famous soon enough
Am i Screwed ???

I got my car retinted like 4 months ago. Apparently the shop has closed down or moved something and I have no contact with the owners. The tint guys had to remove the previous tint I had and install a new even darker tint. Unfortunately when they scrubed the old tint on the back windshield, they kind of scrubbed the defogger lines (those orangelines on our back windshields) Today in the morning I noticed my deforger wont work. The light came on on the front but nothing happened on the back.

Is this damage fixable or would I need a new back windshield ? If i do need a new windshield, does anyone know the price ?
Old 01-01-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
reddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to all
Re: Am i Screwed ???

Originally Posted by civicarina
I got my car retinted like 4 months ago. Apparently the shop has closed down or moved something and I have no contact with the owners. The tint guys had to remove the previous tint I had and install a new even darker tint. Unfortunately when they scrubed the old tint on the back windshield, they kind of scrubbed the defogger lines (those orangelines on our back windshields) Today in the morning I noticed my deforger wont work. The light came on on the front but nothing happened on the back.

Is this damage fixable or would I need a new back windshield ? If i do need a new windshield, does anyone know the price ?
How bad did they scrub the lines? If it was only 1 or 2 that are cut, you might try:

This

If it looks like it was sliced through and through with big chunks missing, you are probably SOL and will have to get a new rear windshield. Either that or about 5 of those fix kits...
Old 01-02-2008
Registered!!

civicarina will become famous soon enoughcivicarina will become famous soon enough

Thanks man ,... and the new windshield is like $400 bucks :O
Old 01-14-2009
Registered!!

jay47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by civicarina

Yeah, I had a similiar incident with my tint, luckily they didn't screw up the windshield.

I got my car tinted around 2004 with "Solargard" tint. The company that makes Solargard, Film Technologies International, Inc, went out of business in December 2007. And luckily for me, the new company didn't buy any of the old companies' liabilities. This means a warranty is only as good as the company. So when your company goes out of business, you are completely screwed.

To make matters worse, the shop that I bought my tint from won't even work with me (give me even a slight discount) because they won't be getting any tint from FTI. I promise they won't be gettting any more business from me.

Just FYI, the place who installed my tint was Cat Customs in Killeen, Texas.

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.