7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

more tq

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007
Falken Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice
more tq

ok ive been wondering this for awhile but without going forced how to get like 10-20 more lb-ft.
Old 09-10-2007
M4H
Registered!!

M4H is a jewel in the roughM4H is a jewel in the roughM4H is a jewel in the rough
Re: more tq

You need NAWZ.

The big bottle.

Actually, make it two of them.

And you need 'em by tonight.

</furious><serious>

You've already done I/H/E - you might be able to score a few more from a throttle body, new cam, internals, and a good tune ... but you're going to spend a lot of money on that.

Personally I'd get a 35 shot NX wet kit and call it a day.
Old 09-10-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

^throttle body?

first off you should ask yourself.. "Do I really know what Torque is?"

Research it, find out how its used in your vehicle. Read up on how your engine works and what peoples experiences are with improving hp/tq numbers. Then find out what the ratio is of cost/benefit. Then come back and I guarantee you, u wont even have to ask that question. A simple search, will give you everything you need to know.
Old 09-10-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

stage 1 cam
Old 09-10-2007
M4H
Registered!!

M4H is a jewel in the roughM4H is a jewel in the roughM4H is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
^throttle body?
Boring out the throttle body 2-3mm more. Might net him a few tiny gains, but he's really put on about all of the even remotely cost-effective bolt-ons in my opinion.

Maybe put the car on a diet? A little weight reduction you make the power you have go a little farther.

It's important to be realistic though - you're at the point of diminishing returns here. Swap, turbo, or nitrous.
Old 09-10-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

honda = torqueless wonder. you better learn that. with a car like this, only way to make it feel faster is dump weight, get lightweight rims and tires (stock size), and make sure youre getting the max power to the wheels (good maintenance), tighten throttle cable, keep fluids clean, etc. i have a 90whp auto but can still chirp the tires from a stop (ps. the tires are old)

Last edited by gearbox; 09-10-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-10-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

with ihe and 17's i can still smoke my tires, dont know why u need more torque
Old 09-11-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

boring out the throttle body wont do him any good.. 2 hp at the max on a cold day at a pretty much never usable rpm line.. to the wheels..maybe.. with good tires..

Our VTEC = VIRTUALLY TORQUELESS ECONOMY CAR
Old 09-11-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

and ecu gives tps sensor voltage too high with a bored tb