7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Horsepower increase

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Horsepower increase

Yeah, turbos are expensive and place more strain on the motor, potentially causing parts to fail earlier than if stock. The key here though is preventative maintenance and if you have a problem, diagnose it and fix it right away. Don't continue driving just because the "whugga, whugga" or grinding sound goes away when you turn the stereo up. I'm about fully committed on my turbo install (I have 4 fittings, two pieces of hose and some electrical connections to buy yet), and I still wonder if I did the right thing.
Old 06-10-2007
CIVIC USER

jbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trusted

Originally Posted by speedfoos
and I still wonder if I did the right thing.
Just like the person who started this thread, they didnt do enough research for what they are trying to pull off. You have already committed but you could always sell that turbo off and hopefully gain most, if not all your money back...But that is what I did. About a month later, I regretted it because I knew I wasnt going to push my car to the limits near breaking point, I just wanted to know I had a freakin sick turbo under my car. Speedfoos, keep goin man, just do your thing and complete it, youll regret it if you dont. Also, keep doin research so you will know how to fix any problem. Good luck
Old 06-15-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

u kno the funny thing is, if you do a good search some people although a small amount have showed dynos of 12* horses under there 7thgen from basic boltons. member s2000man used to find those dynos n post them...in really ollllllllllddddddd threads.
Old 06-16-2007

Originally Posted by jbrown59
Just like the person who started this thread..... Speedfoos, keep goin man, just do your thing and complete it, youll regret it if you dont. Also, keep doin research so you will know how to fix any problem. Good luck
Well, I've researched my ***** off and have a good idea of what to do if anything goes wrong. On the first stage of my build the engine is disposable anyway. I'm building a new, stronger block, and have another head to go on it. I'm not turning back by any means, I just occasionally have a little apprehension since I'm doing this by myself and have never turbo'd a car before. Since I'm in hip-deep already in parts, there's no way I'm turning back now! I had a temporary setback where my slimline fans chewed threw my radiator, car overheated and blew the head gasket (wife was driving). Well, I replaced the HG yesterday, and everything is almost fine - I think I'm off a tooth on the cam gear/timing belt. So thanks for the encouragement, and when all else fails, brute force and ignorance will see you through most problems!
Old 06-16-2007
Registered!!

EJOman is on a distinguished road

^^Lol foos I just think that Jbrown is trying to pick up your setup nice and cheap!! haha as we all are...

But as far as the person who started this thread goes, yeah he is kind of clueless.
Old 06-16-2007

LOL - yeah. I'm not sellin' it jbrown!!! Too bad homeboy who made the thread hasn't posted since though.
Old 06-16-2007
Registered!!

who knows, maybe since cars are alittle too much for him to understand he has moved on to tuning tricycles or something that would be alittle less work..lol
Old 06-16-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

::burp::
Old 06-16-2007

^^^^ Did you eat him or something?
Old 06-16-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

duh...
Old 06-17-2007
Registered!!

I bet he tasted like the broken dreams of a man who wants a N/A 7gen, pushing 150-160WHP...
Old 06-17-2007
This is Myspace

true life... people are real touchy today huh? even when the guy (i duno where he went) who started the thread said he wanted to keep it simple lol. stubborn *** people man... OH NO U SHUT UP D17 HE CAN MAKE MORE POWER..HE CAN DONT U SAY THAT TO HIM. IT IS POSSIBLE AHAHh1SAGVFHSFVLH!...... crazy people.
Old 06-18-2007
Registered!!

^^Did that make sence to anyone? lol haha I thought I was drunk when I posted...
Old 06-18-2007
Registered!!

G617 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by D17sRuNtunable
true life... people are real touchy today huh? even when the guy (i duno where he went) who started the thread said he wanted to keep it simple lol. stubborn *** people man... OH NO U SHUT UP D17 HE CAN MAKE MORE POWER..HE CAN DONT U SAY THAT TO HIM. IT IS POSSIBLE AHAHh1SAGVFHSFVLH!...... crazy people.

LMAO!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2007
This is Myspace

hey look we took over a thread....i feel cool. this is the new talk about whatever thread.
Old 06-18-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

there was only one guy i know of here making the SAME whp as an Si (140whp), but he had all the NA boltons and one really good port and polish job on the head, plus fuel and cam tuning.
Old 06-19-2007
This is Myspace

thats nice i wonder how much thatd cost....i wouldnt mind having that. 140 would be good enough for me. do u remember if he had a thread or sumthing that we could read up on? iwonder what it would really take...parts and cost to hit that.
Old 06-20-2007
Registered!!

John04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jbrown59
If you are seriously looking into increasing horsepower, then you need to realize first that our engines are meant to be fuel efficient. Therefore even little mods like cai's, cat backs or any other bolt on you can think of wont do much in terms of hp gains. I think you need to re-examine your thoughts on hp because you are new to this forum and most likely new to car modding. NOS is a nitrous manufacturer of nitrous parts...and nitrous may very well be most bang for your buck, but you need to research how and why. Just know that more hp equals lots of money. Read up in all these forums from suspension to forced induction and trust me, youll learn more than you think. However, dont rush into something without knowing what youre doing. Yea nitrous might bring you gains, but you'll most likely blow your engine if you dont know what you are doing, and then youll be out of a car because you didnt have a clue what the nitrous was doing to the internals of your engine. Good luck and welcome.
Great post.

This is why I stopped modding my car. I am waiting to get my house with the wife and then its time for a real modd friendly car... such as a 06 GTO.

You know with that engine full exhaust, lid, intake, and tune you are looking at 50 RWHP??? Goes to show that you are better off buying a car that is meant to be modded.

I suggest making your car into a show car. I think these cars have potential to look really cool when the money is spent right.
Old 06-21-2007
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

how long do you have til you have to get an inspection haha.

Try this setup, your gonna be dropping a good amount but itll get you what your looking for.

AEM CAI
HP H26 Combo
Unorthodox Pulley Kit
Crower Stage 1 or 2 N/A Cam
everyone is gonna go against me on this next one but..
Jet ECU (and if you get it, get the warranty, because JET can be iffy, and youll have to let them know what you have so that they can load on a program to match this).

As I said it is costly, but you regain most of your MPG rating, if you want more hp, boost that sh*t

Last edited by cwo715; 06-21-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-29-2007
Registered!!

Niterider2gen is an unknown quantity at this point

HEEEELP this is my first time on here. I have an 01 with a bolt on from turbo specialties. On the dyno it put out 146 whp and 136 torque its fasssssstttttttttt, but I'm hamving issues upon take off in 1st and second. Any advice???
Old 08-29-2007

Oh no. Dude. You paid $3K for 30 whp using a crappy kit. Who tuned it? What psi are you running at? How many miles on the car? Manual or auto? Need some details if we're going to be able to help.
Old 08-30-2007
This is Myspace

what the hell.. he posted this in the FAQ about swaps thread too... dammit make ur own thread.. ur not going to get any help here guy..
Old 06-22-2008
Registered!!

maverick27 should not be trusted

Go with the aem v2 short ram. It's better than the cold air intake. Add dc sports headers, high flow cat, and a cat back exhaust. With that you should pick up 15-20hp at the crank...If you want more power n/a you'll have to build the block. Or you can go with boost...
Old 06-22-2008
Registered!!

RallyeRedRider has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Wow, thread's been around a bit.
Only thing I have to add:
Someone asked how a car sounded with CAI and headers, but stock cat-back. It sounds FN great. It sounds just like stock when your just driving around like grandma with that pig behind you. But then when you open it up it starts roaring. It also saves you a ton of weight, about 15-20 lbs. The stock exhaust only weighs 1/3 of after market systems.
Old 06-23-2008
Registered!!

d17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
thats nice i wonder how much thatd cost....i wouldnt mind having that. 140 would be good enough for me. do u remember if he had a thread or sumthing that we could read up on? iwonder what it would really take...parts and cost to hit that.

i think he is talking about cwick187.... he made 138whp with i/h/e , ported head, cam gear and a tune... im trying to do what he did... i just need a little more time... look him up..
Old 06-23-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

djmota i believe took it a few steps further by adding new cam and few other goodies plus he had nitrous.
Old 06-23-2008
This is Myspace

Originally Posted by maverick27
Go with the aem v2 short ram. It's better than the cold air intake. Add dc sports headers, high flow cat, and a cat back exhaust. With that you should pick up 15-20hp at the crank...If you want more power n/a you'll have to build the block. Or you can go with boost...
Old 06-23-2008

I love this place. Bumping an old-*** thread with a post like that. Classic.
Old 06-24-2008
This is Myspace

LOL aint it the truth... hey foos nice to see you back again, I havn't been on here lately myself.. ill peek into your thread to see whats going on, see ya round
Old 06-24-2008
Registered!!

dspeedcrazy02 is an unknown quantity at this point

what dc strut bar did you use.i cant get one to fit on mine with a cold air on it

Quick Reply: Horsepower increase