7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New civic owner needs some helP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shordy999 is an unknown quantity at this point
New civic owner needs some helP!

Hey guys new to the forum and new to civic world. Just picked up an 02 civic si version (canadian si) and i got a few questions.

First off, the stock headlights absolutely blow on the civic so i went out and bought a pair of 5000k white bulbs. My friend told me that thers a chance they can melt the plastic? Should i be worried? I dont really want to spend all the money in buying a full HID kit. If i did tho how much am i looking at for a decent one.

Next question is two parts. The car i bought came with tints on them. They are VERY dark, my friend who got his car tinted asked for the darkest legal tint and mine are much darker which i dont really mind but anways how do i find out the tint rating on my windows??? which brings me to my next question. On one of the windows the tint has lifted up in the corner about an inch. I dont really know what to do in this situation. Is there anyway to repair tint that is peeling off? My dad recommended that i just exacto knife that area off? before i went and did that i wanted to know if there is anyway to repair it?
Old 04-27-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: New civic owner needs some helP!

um...i dont know about the 5000k white bulbs melting the plastic...plus those bulbs probably wont look a whole lot better than what it looks liek now..theres a guy on here selling HID kits that are apparently pretty good. for about 200 theyll be all plug n play n look really good. ....um i duno how to fix peeling tint...the reason he got it so dark...probably 5%...was cuz it was cheap. most cheapy tint places will go below legal tint so...yea..um i dunt really know how to fix it.
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

shordy999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody else know if there is a way to fix tint that is peeling off
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

tomcisneros is an unknown quantity at this point

The only way I know of is to use some goo-gone and take it all off.