7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

02 lx transmission GOOD OUTCOME

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tallpaul0579 is an unknown quantity at this point
02 lx transmission GOOD OUTCOME

Guys...just wanted to let you know that there is hope out there for an out of warranty (77k) transmission. If you read the post that is below I was very worried that my girlfriend was going to be stuck with a high replacement cost. THANKS TO YOU GUYS IN THIS FORUM and the info within, (ESPECIALLY GEARBOX...thanks man) when the service manager called me this morning and told us the tranny is shot $3500 for a replacement, and they are going to help us out by not taxing the labor (thanks fella). He proceeded to say that it was my girlfriend's fault for not flushing the transmission enought, etc, etc, etc; I had a few words for him. When I told him that it was "the clutch pack carrier", a known problem with the 01-02 civics, that they should have recalled these like they did other Hondas and that I had already called Honda of America and that I knew exactly what was going on, he literally about crapped himself and started studdering/at a loss of words (this is no exageration). 10 minutes later, my girlfriend gets a call from the dealership that they are paying for a brand new---not rebuilt---transmission w a 3 year, 36000 mile warranty, towing is now covered by the dealer and a rental car is covered by Honda of America. We still have to pay $640 for labor (and I'm not done fighting that yet) but damn...I am still pleased. HONDA KNOWS ABOUT THIS PROBLEM AND THANKS TO YOU GUYS, YOU SAVED US A TON OF CASH. Thanks and I hope this helps someone else dowm the road!

---------------------------PREVIOUS POST BELOW-------------------------

Girlfriend's 02 lx auto, 77k miles on it....Heard the whining, took it in, they did a trans flush (everything that is on the 30k service). Get it back, whining just as bad as it did before we took it in, and then the tranny starts to slip. Just as everyone has said, this morning she's on the side of the road (on her way back to Honda!!!) with no gears what so ever!!! Went to Honda, called the tow truck and waiting on what line of BS they are going to feed me about what caused this problem. I guess my ? is, do we have a fighting chance on blaming it on the dealer due to the fact we had $450+ worth of work done on it at Honda less than a month ago to "fix" the problem, and it is now shot? (BTW we have already contacted American Honda). And before I talk to this service manager, do YOU guys think that they know about this problem and are just playing stupid? I don't know if I should light him up and tell him I know about the "clutch pack carrier" problem or just try to blame it on the service that they did last month. It really pisses me off if this guy knew the tranny was going to go and still screws me out of $450.00, knowing I'll be back in a month. Sorry guys, just frustrated. I really appreciate any help that you can give me on this. And one last thing, what is the BEST case scenario that anyone has heard of pertaining to us not forking out $3500 for a new transmission.
Old 04-09-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Re: 02 lx transmission GOOD OUTCOME

where is the link to the thread where gearbox helped you???

good to hear you won!
Old 04-09-2007
Registered!!

I searched this problem and read all of the posts...Gearbox's info in almost all the posts about this problem were spot on and he is definitely on top of his game when it comes to civics. His info supplied me with the CORRECT ammunition to fire away at the dealership. I pm'ed him but haven't heard back.
Old 04-09-2007

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

nothing to worry about thanks though...

I just wanted a quick link to the thread that solved your problem...
Old 04-09-2007
Registered!!

Here you go....

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...lems-help.html
Old 04-09-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

sweet! dont let them feed you crap about being your fault. I have a trans fluid cooler, an oem cvt trans filter, and i change the fluid at least every 10k miles with oem honda. none of it helped. you cant keep a defective part from breaking. no matter what you do, its only a matter of time before it fails.
Old 04-09-2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute

damn thats great, wish you recorded that phone call lol...congrats
Old 04-10-2007

Wow great success story
Old 04-11-2007
Registered!!

Update 4-11-07

They got the transmission in and are starting to work on it today. Still couldn't get Honda to pay the $640 flat labor free but oh well. Last night I looked at the actual invoice that they faxed to my girlfriend before we did battle and it was for $4400 and some change!!! I'll keep everyone updated on the process