8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Need help with registration

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00ant00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help with registration

Hello everyone,

Stumbled on a 2007 SI with 155k miles. Seller is asking for 5500 but is willing go down on the price. Only downfall about the car is that the car is originally registered in Oregon so I will have to register the car here in CA. Has anyone else done this and how hard will it be for me to go through all the paperwork? Is anyone able to guide me through the correct procedures of what I need to do in order to get the car register here in CA? On another note, seeing how the car has 155k miles, what are some things I need to look out for. Planning to keep the car for a long time and hoping to get another 5-10 years or another 100k miles out of the car. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-14-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need help with registration

From what I gather (quick google search and previously living in CA, although having never registered a car in CA), all you have to do is make sure it passes CA emissions (smog check or CA certified) and show proof of ownership. Well, also the proof of ID, insurance, registration application, and anything else to be expected of a typical car registration

The "New to California" section on a privately owned DMV website says it also applies to an out-of-state car purchased by a CA resident.
NOTE: This information below is also applicable to cars purchased outside of California by a CA resident, then brought to the state to be registered.
California Car Registration Requirements & Steps | DMV.ORG

edit: the only extra stuff you may have to show is out-of-state registration and title, per the link above.