8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Plasti dipped my civic, not happy with results, any feedback or suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mikey91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Plasti dipped my civic, not happy with results, any feedback or suggestions?

I'm not a car enthusiast to be honest, I recently found out about plasti dipping and loved the idea, I have a dark blue civic and decided to dip the hubcaps and logos/grille with red, I guess I didn't think this through and the colors didn't match as much as I expected.

I also messed up dipping the hubcaps. I would appreciate your honest opinion, should I keep this or remove it all together? I've been getting conflicted feedback from my friends, some say it looks awesome and some say it's very ugly. Lol

Also I realized that dark blue doesn't really go well with anything, I thought about doing black but I don't think it will match well either.

What do you guys think? Any advice suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-31-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Plasti dipped my civic, not happy with results, any feedback or suggestions?

huh, no, remove them...
Old 12-31-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Plasti dipped my civic, not happy with results, any feedback or suggestions?

Doesn't plastidip just kinda peel right off?
Old 12-31-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Doesn't plastidip just kinda peel right off?
it does, I just wanted everyone's opinion on whether it looks terrible or not.
Old 12-31-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Ya your colour theory was way of for this application.

Also in some cases less is more.

With blue you are looking at grey scale exclusively for nice results, and only on the accents (ie; emblems and caps).

(not a civic but same colour theory

Gold is also nice, but maybe not with stock rims

Also put some friggen tire shine on your tires, dammmit! lol
Flashy rims directly juxtaposed with dirty old tires, will look like crap with any colour.

Last edited by mac25; 12-31-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-31-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mac25
Ya your colour theory was way of for this application.

Also in some cases less is more.

With blue you are looking at grey scale exclusively for nice results, and only on the accents (ie; emblems and caps).

(not a civic but same colour theory
img]https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.civicforums.com-vbulletin/654x224/80-6424d1337817274_2a_2a_official_dyno_blue_pearl_thr ead_2a_2a_white_rims_d91b3e7b2c52b60d0b34e14d047b7 2dc7eb1c172.jpg[/img]

img]https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.civicforums.com-vbulletin/870x580/80-tesla_model_s_vossen_wheels_rear_close_up_c317e4e2 0b97cee75b6a48ad6f76e4e0239745ac.jpg[/img]

img]https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.civicforums.com-vbulletin/1024x768/80-20729d1241829070_post_up_your_civic_w_rims_pics_in fo_only_dscn0223_1b4035efb65bd17baba50c1d6ad6315d7 f4f062f.jpg[/img]

Gold is also nice, but maybe not with stock rims

img]https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.civicforums.com-vbulletin/736x552/80-a3f0237583579b68012e7fde63156a27_honda_civic_forum _konig_wheels_55fc4a093e05fbad58c5f0b2d80b0aa96403 be8d.jpg[/img]

Also put some friggen tire shine on your tires, dammmit! lol
Flashy rims directly juxtaposed with dirty old tires, will look like crap with any colour.
thank you that helped a lot, yeah I guess I rushed the idea and didn't pay much attention to the color, I like red but it didn't match. Will probably change the color soon. I will also apply shine to the tires haha

Last edited by sdaidoji; 01-01-2018 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-01-2018
Registered!!

Boosted Turtle is an unknown quantity at this point

Tbh it don't go to well together, You should of consider painting them white , gold , bronze or anything around those lines. Try removing the dip you can peel it but if it wasn't put on with enough coats then it can be a pain to remove and there are other things you can do to remove it search around online.
Old 01-01-2018
Registered!!

DSMHondaguy has a spectacular aura aboutDSMHondaguy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mikey91
it does, I just wanted everyone's opinion on whether it looks terrible or not.
It looks terrible, imo. But if you like it, I guess whatever man, don't do cosmetic mods based on what others think.

Last edited by DSMHondaguy; 01-01-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-01-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DSMHondaguy
It looks terrible, imo. But if you like it, I guess whatever man, don't do cosmetic mods based on what others think. (that's different from functional mods in that it's subjective, functional modifications aren't subjective) But to me it looks like something a 16yr old kid would do.
Edit to PC friendly please.

Don't make me whip out the dong-of-justice.

Last edited by Wankenstein; 01-01-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-01-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Megalodong
PC friendly.
From YOU?
Old 01-01-2018

Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

From YOU?
LOL.

I edited my previous response.
Old 01-01-2018
Registered!!

DSMHondaguy has a spectacular aura aboutDSMHondaguy has a spectacular aura about

Edit to PC friendly please.

Don't make me whip out the dong-of-justice.
Google "latino" here I will do it for you.

Latino is a term often used in the United States to refer to people with cultural ties to Latin America, in contrast to Hispanic which is a demonym that includes Spaniards and other speakers of the Spanish language.
That was PC friendly, if it offends you maybe you should ask yourself why.

Last edited by DSMHondaguy; 01-01-2018 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Correcting typo
Old 01-01-2018

I meant the deleted one
Old 01-01-2018

Google "latino" here I will do it for you.
That was PC friendly, if it offends you maybe you should ask yourself why.
So, what you're saying is anyone without cultural ties to latin america wouldn't paint it like that?
Old 01-01-2018

I meant the deleted one
I wrote it (now deleted) with the intent for laughs. His intent seems like it's something different.
Old 01-01-2018
Registered!!

So, what you're saying is anyone without cultural ties to latin america wouldn't paint it like that?
Holy crap man, I'm not trying to start anything. But to pretend stereo types don't exist nor plenty of people reference them is some serious.
Old 01-01-2018

Holy crap man, I'm not trying to start anything. But to pretend stereo types don't exist nor plenty of people reference them is some serious.
Just asking you to contemplate for future reference.
There's times I've cross the line too and if anyone asks me to stop..I will.
Old 01-01-2018
Registered!!

Writing pm
Old 01-01-2018
Registered!!

Ok guys, I'm gonna change the color ! Please let me know what colors would go with navy blue, I don't wanna make the same mistake again, I came across this burnt copper alloy on DipYourCar and I think it will match better than red, please let me know what you guys think, thank you !
Old 01-01-2018

Ok guys, I'm gonna change the color ! Please let me know what colors would go with navy blue, I don't wanna make the same mistake again, I came across this burnt copper alloy on DipYourCar and I think it will match better than red, please let me know what you guys think, thank you !
IIRC from info on other forums plastic dip on rims chips/peels easily: https://www.google.com/search?source....0.G8kQ6gfoGro
If you insist on using it you may want to use black on rims and go back to chrome for emblem/grill.
Old 01-01-2018

info on other forums plastic dip on rims chips/peels easily
Plasti dip is easy to touch up too!

I've seen many cars go thru the shop with stock wheels done in black
Old 01-02-2018
Registered!!

I'm also considering gold metallizer, I think it will match well with navy blue.
Old 01-02-2018
Registered!!

Please don't do black wheels. It's to much with black tires imo. Gunmetal or "cast iron grey" isn't bad though, it's dark but breaks up the black from the tire.
Old 01-02-2018

I'm also considering gold metallizer, I think it will match well with navy blue.
You could draw a rough sketch of you car, make copies, and fill in the colors you think might work well. Want to go big then do it on CAD program.
Old 01-02-2018
Registered!!

You could draw a rough sketch of you car, make copies, and fill in the colors you think might work well. Want to go big then do it on CAD program.
I was actually hoping to find a website/tool that can visualize that sort of stuff, kind of like racing video games where you can modify the color of your vehicle lol
Old 01-02-2018

I was actually hoping to find a website/tool that can visualize that sort of stuff, kind of like racing video games where you can modify the color of your vehicle lol
Goggle it, surely someone has already done it

try tirerack.com too, they have a thing where you can view different wheels on your car that might help