8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roadkingbob is an unknown quantity at this point
2 questions

I have 2 questions on my 2012 Honda Civic Ex, I should give a little quick history on this car: I just replaced a bunch of parts due to a front end collision including the radiator support frame piece. My first question is regarding the air bag system requires attention (or something like that) and I had replaced the front right collision sensor even thought the damage was all higher than the aluminum bumper support and didn't even really damage it at all, but the warning still shows on the dash, so is this a dealer only method of clearing the error code? Second question is that the heater/ ac fan does not work and I just last night replaced the blower motor resistor without any change to the operation, so could I have forgotten something when I originally dis-mantled the front end to fix the body damage? I looked at the fuses in the engine compartment and they appeared to be good, so I am missing something somewhere. I need help with both problems, Thanks.
Old 12-06-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2 questions

but the warning still shows on the dash, so is this a dealer only method of clearing the error code?
Got scanner?
What is the fault code?
Start there.

Honda publishes a shopping list of SRS parts that are to be replaced after any deployment event. The list varies depending on which components deployed, but the one item in every list is the SRS control unit itself.

the heater/ ac fan does not work
Is the fan motor missing power, or is it missing ground?

Got wiring diagrams? Test light?
Old 12-06-2017
Registered!!

REXAZZ2 has a spectacular aura aboutREXAZZ2 has a spectacular aura about

they had issues in the past with the seat belt tensioners
I know it was an issue with 01s

Blower motor should work on high , thats usually default
Old 12-09-2017
Registered!!

Roadkingbob is an unknown quantity at this point

ok I have an update to my problem with the blower motor in-operable. What I just did was jump the wires at the resistor connector and the fan still did not rotate, so I removed the fan and inspected for ease of rotation and noticed a wobble and a little resistance, so I then switched the horn relay with the blower relay and with the car running and the resistor connection back in place I turned the fan speed **** to full speed and still nothing, so I reached over and hand rotated the fan impellor, and the fan then started running slow at first and then fast but very wobbly and noisy, so I switched back the relays and the original blower relay worked intermittently, so my conclusion is to replace both the blower motor and blower relay and I will be good, I did notice the blower started slowing down in speed after about 15 minutes of testing, so it was on the way out. I still have the air bag warning coming up on the dash so if anyone has input for that problem I'm all ears, also I hooked up my scanner but it only does emission codes unfortunately.
Old 12-10-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

You likely only need the blower fan.

You do not have a resistor....You have the solid state alternative, the "transistor" Gives you the awesome continuously variable fan speeds.

To my (limited) knowledge if any of the air bags, or the pre tensioners were triggered the SRS Control unit would require replacement.