8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Transmission shifts hard

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
illusion123a is an unknown quantity at this point
Transmission shifts hard

I have a 2010 with 115k on it. The transmission shifts really hard and revs high before it shifts. I have taken it to the dealer before and they found nothing wrong. I am taking it in again this week. I am nearing the end of my extended warranty. Anyone else have issues with this? I have gotten the ATF fluid changed each year. This past year, I actually drove the car under 5k.
The issue is starting to concern me. I plan on taking it to another dealer or maybe an independent shop to get their opinion if I have to.
Old 11-10-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Transmission shifts hard

is the transmission included in your warranty?

if so demand it be fixed....they might be trying to delay you long enough until the warranty runs out
Old 11-10-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I have taken it to the dealer before and they found nothing wrong.
You might need to take the mechanic or manager/advisor for a quick ride to demonstrate exactly what your problem is.
Old 11-12-2017
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by illusion123a
I have a 2010 with 115k on it. The transmission shifts really hard and revs high before it shifts. I have taken it to the dealer before and they found nothing wrong. I am taking it in again this week. I am nearing the end of my extended warranty. Anyone else have issues with this? I have gotten the ATF fluid changed each year. This past year, I actually drove the car under 5k.
The issue is starting to concern me. I plan on taking it to another dealer or maybe an independent shop to get their opinion if I have to.

Yes as ezone says take it to another Honda dealer and have the technition drive along with You. so You can show him what the trouble is. also make sure Honda documents the transmission Problem has the other dealer You took it to not documented Your complaint...??
Old 11-12-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
illusion123a is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikey1
is the transmission included in your warranty?

if so demand it be fixed....they might be trying to delay you long enough until the warranty runs out
Thank you... Any idea why they would lie to me about this? I mean Honda will pay for the repairs, right?

I bought an extended hondacare warrenty which takes me to 7 years or 120k. (the car was purchased in 2011)
Old 11-12-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you... Any idea why they would lie to me about this?
Doesn't sound like anyone lied.
I have taken it to the dealer before and they found nothing wrong.
Someone has to figure out if there's a problem before anything else can happen.

Warranty isn't going to pay for a transmission just because you want one.
A tech must confirm your complaint, then diagnose the problem, then figure out what it will take to fix the problem.....THEN they can check if the warranty will cover the repair.

(Not all mechanics are good at figuring out problems either, some just replace parts until the problem or the customer goes away....and some only pick the low hanging fruit.)

If the problem wasn't super obvious in a 5 minute test drive, that might be all the time anyone spent on it.
This is why you need to demonstrate your concerns to the mechanic or advisor.....that means get them in the car and go for a test drive and make it happen so everyone is on the same page about what the problem is. .