Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/181-8th-9th-generation-civic-2006-2015)
-   -   Transmission shifts hard (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/181-8th-9th-generation-civic-2006-2015/371636-transmission-shifts-hard.html)

illusion123a 11-10-2017 03:01 PM

Transmission shifts hard

I have a 2010 with 115k on it. The transmission shifts really hard and revs high before it shifts. I have taken it to the dealer before and they found nothing wrong. I am taking it in again this week. I am nearing the end of my extended warranty. Anyone else have issues with this? I have gotten the ATF fluid changed each year. This past year, I actually drove the car under 5k.
The issue is starting to concern me. I plan on taking it to another dealer or maybe an independent shop to get their opinion if I have to.

mikey1 11-10-2017 04:38 PM

Re: Transmission shifts hard

is the transmission included in your warranty?

if so demand it be fixed....they might be trying to delay you long enough until the warranty runs out

ezone 11-10-2017 07:26 PM

I have taken it to the dealer before and they found nothing wrong.
You might need to take the mechanic or manager/advisor for a quick ride to demonstrate exactly what your problem is.

brags 11-12-2017 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by illusion123a (Post 4733565)
I have a 2010 with 115k on it. The transmission shifts really hard and revs high before it shifts. I have taken it to the dealer before and they found nothing wrong. I am taking it in again this week. I am nearing the end of my extended warranty. Anyone else have issues with this? I have gotten the ATF fluid changed each year. This past year, I actually drove the car under 5k.
The issue is starting to concern me. I plan on taking it to another dealer or maybe an independent shop to get their opinion if I have to.

Yes as ezone says take it to another Honda dealer and have the technition drive along with You. so You can show him what the trouble is. also make sure Honda documents the transmission Problem has the other dealer You took it to not documented Your complaint...??

illusion123a 11-12-2017 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by mikey1 (Post 4733567)
is the transmission included in your warranty?

if so demand it be fixed....they might be trying to delay you long enough until the warranty runs out

Thank you... Any idea why they would lie to me about this? I mean Honda will pay for the repairs, right?

I bought an extended hondacare warrenty which takes me to 7 years or 120k. (the car was purchased in 2011)

ezone 11-12-2017 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by illusion123a (Post 4733677)
Thank you... Any idea why they would lie to me about this?

Doesn't sound like anyone lied.

Originally Posted by illusion123a (Post 4733565)
I have taken it to the dealer before and they found nothing wrong.

Someone has to figure out if there's a problem before anything else can happen.

Warranty isn't going to pay for a transmission just because you want one.
A tech must confirm your complaint, then diagnose the problem, then figure out what it will take to fix the problem.....THEN they can check if the warranty will cover the repair.

(Not all mechanics are good at figuring out problems either, some just replace parts until the problem or the customer goes away....and some only pick the low hanging fruit.)

If the problem wasn't super obvious in a 5 minute test drive, that might be all the time anyone spent on it.
This is why you need to demonstrate your concerns to the mechanic or advisor.....that means get them in the car and go for a test drive and make it happen so everyone is on the same page about what the problem is. .