8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Best Oils?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RN10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Best Oils?

I have a 2013 Honda Civic and a 2006 Honda Odyssey. Based on these 3 available to me rank them from the best one to the least best one and why for the best one. Links to each one included.

Mobil 1 Extended Performance Synthetic Oil
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mo...9929p.html#srp

Pennzoil Ultra Synthetic Oil
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/pe...9360p.html#srp

Castrol EDGE Extended Performance Synthetic
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ca...9256p.html#srp

Last edited by RN10; 04-16-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-16-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Best Oils?

Originally Posted by RN10
I have a 2013 Honda Civic and a 2006 Honda Odyssey. Based on these 3 available to me rank them from the best one to the least best one and why for the best one. Links to each one included.
They're all good so, whichever one comes in the prettiest color bottle
Old 04-20-2017
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

I used to use Amsoil. It's the prettiest!
Old 04-21-2017
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

I use Penz Ultra 5w20 Best stuff at keeping the Civics

engine spanky clean.
Old 04-23-2017
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
eddie1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was big on Mobile 1 have been using it on 2 cars. For my newest car (2013 accord), I switched to Royal Purple. About the same price as the Mobile 1, but uses Class IV PAO.

I notice a difference. When my wife's car (use Mobile) calls for an oil change, after the oil change, I can "feel" and hear a difference in the engine. That tells my the mobile 1 oil is likely degrading more than it should between oil changes.

My accord (use royal purple) calls for an oil change about 9000 mile intervals. I change the oil and its like nothing has changed. I can't tell the difference between the old oil and the new oil.

I will use RP on all my cars going forward.
Old 04-29-2017
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eddie1976
I was big on Mobile 1 have been using it on 2 cars. For my newest car (2013 accord), I switched to Royal Purple. About the same price as the Mobile 1, but uses Class IV PAO.

I notice a difference. When my wife's car (use Mobile) calls for an oil change, after the oil change, I can "feel" and hear a difference in the engine. That tells my the mobile 1 oil is likely degrading more than it should between oil changes.

My accord (use royal purple) calls for an oil change about 9000 mile intervals. I change the oil and its like nothing has changed. I can't tell the difference between the old oil and the new oil.

I will use RP on all my cars going forward.

Royal Purple is great oil.! try using Royal Purple "HPS high performance Street oil"

i had slightly better fuel economy over what i use now "Pennzoil Ultra" 2 awesome

oil's i just think the RP HPS oil has a little more of the slippery molybeduim additive mixed in it thats all.

Last edited by brags; 04-29-2017 at 05:34 PM. Reason: typo error