8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Civic turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civvic is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic turbo

I'm looking for a reliable relatively cheap turbo kit for my 2014 Honda Civic si. If you know of anything plz let me know.
Old 04-07-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice
Re: Civic turbo

It very well might be better, and not TOO much more expensive to wait for the turbo'd 2016 to come out and trade it in.

Rumors have the '16 turbo being around 25,000-30,000, and your car should get around 20,000 on trade in...
A good turbo, install and all, can be in the thousands of dollars.

Just my two cents, coming from a guy with no personal knowledge of turbos, so perhaps someone with firsthand experience can give you a better answer.
Old 04-07-2015
Registered!!

That's so far away lol, but I understand where you're coming from. I was hoping to find a used one in good condition maybe. I plan on keeping the car for a good while and fixing it up. I also can't find a body kit for it either. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.
Old 04-07-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

Well it's still a fairly new car, and has a lot of fancy stuff computer wise that the last generation didn't.

I only just found a company that will make a high output alternator for my non-si 2014.

Unfortunately my wife and I found out her grandmother, who we care for, has stage 4 cancer...so needless to say, I won't be purchasing anything for quite a while.

Like I said, someone who has first-hand experience with turbos might pop-in, but all the quick googling I've done puts a turbo kit at around $2,000, assuming you install yourself...with a shop install it goes upwards of $5,000.
However I have no idea if that's for the best turbo kit on the planet, or just an average kit.

Also, again going on rumors here, I heard that '16 civic si was going to be available as early as the end of summer/beginning of fall this year...so around 4 months away. Might give you the time to save up and re-do your loan(if you have one)

Good luck, hope you find the answers you are looking for.
Old 04-07-2015
Registered!!

Sorry to hear about her grandmother. Well that is sooner than I had thought lol. I'm actually leasing it (lower payment). Kind of got conned into buying it lol, but I've always wanted one. I'll keep looking around hopefully someone has a used one that's in good condition that I can find. I appreciate your responses and the help that you have given. I wish the best of luck to you and your wife and again my condolences.
Old 04-07-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, the best way to do it would be to do a bunch of research, piece all the components together yourself, and find a shop that'll do some custom plumbing for you. that route does a bunch of things for you:

1) let's you know exactly what you're putting in, and that it'll fit properly (since it's all made for your car)
2) you can customize it piece by piece, ensuring the turbo build goes toward your overall power goals
3) you'll learn a LOT about what goes into boosting your car during the research process, so you can decide if you ultimately want to follow through with it or wait on the 10th gen
4) it'll put you at a better starting point for upgrades, since you'll presumably be starting with the "best" component, instead of wanting to switch out random things in a kit
5) if you decide to go through with a boost project, you can spread the cost out by buying piece by piece, intead of buying a kit, only to find out component x is junk, or component y is unnecessary.

In any case, here's some advice from someone that's been down the boost road before. You can have the best components in the world, but it won't matter if you have a crap tune. Proper tuning in a turbo setup is going to make or break the setup. Also, if you shop around, and you want component x, but the knockoff version is a fraction of the cost and has crap reviews, but still kinda works, save up for the better one. Spend more up front, it'll save you money and headaches down the road
Old 04-08-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Civvic
I'm actually leasing it.
I have never leased a vehicle but I would imagine adding a turbo would void some type of agreement. I would check first.

I agree with RiceBoy, piece a kit together and get good engine management. See if there is a shop local to you that has a dyno and have tuned Honda's before. If they use AEM then get AEM engine management, if they use GReddy then get that.
Old 04-08-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Must have missed that. I wouldn't boost a lease.