8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

After market OE replacement clutch kit.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gothman667 is an unknown quantity at this point
After market OE replacement clutch kit.

I was wondering if you guys knew of any aftermarket clutch kits that would work with my car. I'm looking for an aftermarket OE replacement. Probably because it's a little cheaper than if I went straight to the dealer.

One of the guys I work with suggested an Exedy OE clutch kit, because it wasn't as hard of a shift compared to a stage 1 or 2 clutch.

Last edited by gothman667; 02-16-2015 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-16-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: After market OE replacement clutch kit.

Just for an OEM replacement, or do you anticipate the need for a clutch that can handle additional torque? If it's just an OEM replacement, just go with an oem replacement. No need for a more aggressive disk or a pressure plate that'll make you feel like every day is leg day when you're driving your car. I'm rocking the same clutch in my 2002 ex

Amazon.com: EXEDY HCK1002 OEM Replacement Clutch Kit: Automotive Amazon.com: EXEDY HCK1002 OEM Replacement Clutch Kit: Automotive

$150 shipped (if you have Amazon Prime)
Old 02-17-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gothman667 is an unknown quantity at this point

For now, just an OE replacement. But when I get some upgrades going, I know that I'm going to need at least a stage 1. Don't think I'll ever need anything more than that.

But it shouldn' really matter which manufacturer I go with seeing as how I'm not making any extra torque? I can check with my parts guy at work for a price, I just gotta grab my VIN. He said that they run off the VIN to get the best match for one that will work on my car.

Asking a lot of questions because the guys I work with keep telling me to do my research.
Old 02-17-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I'm rocking a stage 1 cam in my 2002, and an OEM replacement is more than sufficient. The only time I bumped up to a stage 1 clutch was when I was boosted.

Exedy is a good brand. I'm about 99% sure they (Exedy/Daikin) makes the Honda OEM clutch. I've heard mixed things about ACT clutches. I've not heard much from any other brand, though.
Old 02-17-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Exedy is who I would go with. Just OE replacement.