8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

8th Generation Defects

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gearhead337 is an unknown quantity at this point
8th Generation Defects

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys im new to this site but not to mechanics. I have a 2007 civic SI sedan ive had problems with third gear since i bought it.My deal keeps giving me the run around about the issue saying that they dont know if its covered in the warranty....My car has a sixty thousand mile power train warranty and it covers everything but the brake pads regardless of this, there is definitly a defective part inside the transmission. after much reasearch i found out that there is indeed a defective 3rd gear syncro in all civics from 06-07 as well as in the 07 accords. My dealers *** of service manager still denies all of this even after i brought him the TSB# 08-020.Now lets move on the next problem with the new civic is the issue with the un even tire wear. honda has issued a TSB # 08-001 stating that all 2006-2007 civic 2dr and 4dr including hybrid but the SI is not included..the problem is with the rear upper control arms being to short,the result of this is that there is extremely to much negative camber on the rear of the car which causes the inside of the tires to wear more rapidly.The part number for the rear upper arms are......RIGHT side #52390SNAA00 and the LEFT side #52400SNAA00. Would u like to guess what the part numbers are on SI ? THE EXACT SAME!!!!! Im having the same issue with the tires as everyone with the other models ive had to replace on set of tires already at 22,375 Miles "ill post pics shortly cause u gotta see this ****" Now lets go to problem number 3, the wheel bearing noise coming from the rear. I put my car up on the lift because its sounds like a damm train going down the road and is starting to get extremely unstable especially at highway speeds... whats happening is that the overall alignment is off.Those of you who know about alignment know about something called the overall thrust thrust angle of the car..? If this is off then your over all suspension geometery is off and basicly its like the tires are trying to roll in different directions from eachother....ive tried to get my alignment in spec from day one and its impossible to get everything to stock specs because of the defective parts on the car! If any of you guys especially SI owners are having these problems feel free to email me at
stephendupre337@yahoo.com im trying to get enough people to get a class action suit against honda if they continue to not address this issue,and please those of you that have installed lowering springs on you car disregaurd this cause lowering springs do effect your camber and they will add negative camber the lower u go the worse it gets..dont get me wrong i have done my fair share of tuning and i am not hatin im all for it ive also been racing my whole life everything from 125cc shifter carts to my current race bmw M3 "s54 motor" but i have not modified my SI in any way and im just looking for guys with stock cars to come forward so we can unite and get the B/S with our cars resolved...well thats it for now talk to yall later..