8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Idling and vibrations and what not.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xplicit503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Idling and vibrations and what not.

Pretty new to these forums but here we go. I got a 08 Civic LX 5spd coupe about 2 weeks ago and it has something around 800-900 miles on it now (about 400 of it is highway). Well here's the story.

About 2 nights ago while going to get a midnight mcdonalds trip I started the car up normally and drove to the mcdonalds. While sitting there at the drive through with my window down now and the idling noise was a bit odd more of a clicking can be heard (Maybe the water pump?) but the weather was insanely cold, not exactly freezing just yet but it was cold enough that i was shivering the entire time and my steering wheel was cold as hell (bad comparison). After a while the noise lessened and went away. But I still think the idle sounds a little weird, (If I can i will post a video of the car later, if it happens again).

Another thing is when sitting in traffic sometimes (in Neutral) i get a slight vibration from the center of the car. I can only notice if I get bored and start realizing things. If I had to estimate somewhere between the gear box and the cup holders. Normal?

I haven't put that much pressure on the car as it's still in break-in period. Highest reve's were probably 5k rpm and I can count all the times i've done it with my hands. (maybe 5-6). I shift around 2.5-3k rpm.

I've got the extended warranty but I do not want to drive 100 miles to the service station where I got my car (I want to develop a relationship with a specific service center). Worth coming in for a check up?

Long first real thread but =D

Thanks for all those who read.
Old 10-10-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Idling and vibrations and what not.

the constant ticking is prolly just valve tap. its normal and alot of cars have it much louder. small vibrations is the exhaust pipe vibrating against the car which can happen when the weather changes and the pipes heat up or cool down. i would just wait it out, i dont think anything serious is happening.
Old 10-10-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xplicit503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Idling and vibrations and what not.

Thanks for the advice, I think I probably will wait it out for while.