Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Forced into a Auto

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Question Forced into a Auto

Ok, so u were forced into driving a automatic civic?! regardless of year this is where we wanna hear your story.

Heres mine, So My senior year of HS or what not, my p's found a 01 Ex for me, and when i came home there is was in the garage. I was so happy, its was a car ya know. Then after my thorough looks over i saw that it was a auto... i still loved my car, and thanked my parents but yea, i had wanted a manual. eh oh well, beggars cant be choosers
Old 01-05-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MotorWeb EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
member #6 here. well...my parenst bought me the car i wanted a manual. they said no because i need to focus on driving an if i have a manual that would be one more distraction because i always mess with cds and stuff while driving. and they said i would get sick of it. wow were they wrong. im sick of my auto.
Old 01-05-2007
Registered!!

metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice
kinda the same here. my parents surprised me with an 05 civc lx.
they got it auto b/c i had never driven stick yet, love the car and everything but now that ive been driving my friends manual civic and its more fun to drive!
Old 01-05-2007
Runumhard Or Go Home

bigainabuilt is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought my own auto lx because it was on sale and alot better on gas then my chevy was. I love it!
Old 01-05-2007
Registered!!

MotorWeb EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
^ i think the point of this thread is for people who were forced to get an auto and really want a manual. not because u bought an auto and u love it.
Old 01-05-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
well, maybe we can look at the "for sale" part of it as in he got a good deal, so he was "forced" into the better deal.... ::stretch::
Old 01-05-2007
Registered!!

TOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by LT2004ever
well, maybe we can look at the "for sale" part of it as in he got a good deal, so he was "forced" into the better deal.... ::stretch::
^^^

well...my '03 ex use to be my brothers and he was forced by my parents to get an auto when he started driving. now its handed down to me when he got a tC (manual).
Old 01-05-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
I was in negotiations with the dealer on a new 2002 EX Coupe manual. We had the deal all done and they where getting one from another dealer. So I drive down to McKinney to pick it up and do the paper work. They where like sorry about the car but it got hail damage on the way down here. We got this Sedan Auto if you want it. At first I was Pissed "I'm outa here" they where like wait wait wait. So they gave me a great deal and I got it. 2002 EX Sedan Auto NEW for $12500.00. I couldn't pass that up.
Old 01-05-2007
Registered!!

Matteo will become famous soon enough
Ya i have the same thing with the parents...They surprisd me with a 05 lx in the garage at 16 (11th grade), but hey i cant complain too much because its a car. Still want a manual though.

My friend has a volkswagon golf and same thing! lol and another friend has a 3251 bmw and had the car passed down to him auto : /
Old 01-05-2007
Registered!!

Matteo will become famous soon enough
But yeah, regardless that its a manual...that sure didnt (and isnt) going to stop me from modding it haha

U can look at most of my parts in my signature, but i have a few more..like the new mirrors i got w/led singals when i turn + they are painted mag. metallic too! lol

Yes my rents pretty much payed everything for the car (except i paid like the 1st payment)...but i worked my *** off to get money to pay for my car parts except for the koni shocks and mirrors (they were b-day and then christmas present)
Old 01-05-2007
Registered!!

xcrxss is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Yeah, my mom got a BMW and she previously had the civic so I was handed it. I wanted a manual but what can you do? it just sucks because i always put my right hand on the stick. too bad i can't shift
Old 01-05-2007
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man!

EXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura about
I got an automatic because I thought I wouldn't be able to rip the bong and shift at the same time. So I guess it's kind of like automatic by force default? I quit smoking though, so now I'm like *****. Does that even count? Probably not.
Old 01-05-2007
Registered!!

kLouD is an unknown quantity at this point
same as toenail. i was handed an 03 ex SEDAN from my brother to me because my mom bought my brother that car. my brother pleaded my mom to get a manual but she didnt cuz she would drive it as well. now he has a rsx-s. it was my dream car too. man was i jealous

Last edited by kLouD; 01-05-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-05-2007
Registered!!

estebomb_ftw will become famous soon enough
My brother had a piece of **** Hyndai, and it was handed down to me when I turned 16. The piece of **** didn't last long...so my mom wanted me to get a new car. She took me to the Mazda dealership...I refused to drive a Mazda...they are ugly imo, other than RX7. So, I had a price range to stay between so I was like...f*ck it, take me to Honda. We went to Honda and I was looking at the 05 si...I wanted it...I saw a 97 black on black used Integra there...I wanted it. Then, I saw 05 civic in tafetta white in standard. My parents said no to all of them becuase they didn't want me having a stick car. So, they bought me a 05 Civic EX SE in Mag Met...automatic. Anything was better than the Hyndai so whatever. I hated my car at first, now I love it. It's my baby haha, all my ex's used to get pissed because I put my car first. :]
Old 01-05-2007
Banned

2k3civicSSM is an unknown quantity at this point
i got 05 coupe @ 16 told them i wanted manual was forced for auto. but im converting to manual in february and boosting
Old 01-05-2007
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
at first I tracked down an 00 SI black in new jersey with 54k miles on it...went to the dealer and they were like "sorry sonny but ehhhhh this baby got engine problems...we're about to take her off the floor" FVCKKKKKKKKKKKK... I drove 70 miles to be shut down like that...someone was gonna get hurt...I was about to walk away and the guy said hey look what we just got in here sonny...an 02 23k miles ssm auto...and since it was president's day it was on sale...ok long storry short i signed the papers..took her home never look back...now i'm gonna beat on the tranny a bit wait till it go and swap to manual...
Old 01-06-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Originally Posted by simplicated1979
at first I tracked down an 00 SI black in new jersey with 54k miles on it...went to the dealer and they were like "sorry sonny but ehhhhh this baby got engine problems...we're about to take her off the floor" FVCKKKKKKKKKKKK... I drove 70 miles to be shut down like that...someone was gonna get hurt...I was about to walk away and the guy said hey look what we just got in here sonny...an 02 23k miles ssm auto...and since it was president's day it was on sale...ok long storry short i signed the papers..took her home never look back...now i'm gonna beat on the tranny a bit wait till it go and swap to manual...
Man i woulda been ticked! did u call before u left?
Old 01-06-2007
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
yep..i called when i made the appointment to check it out... i guess they decided to take it for a test drive the day i was coming in...that's when they found out it had engine problems..well at least they were honest with me...
Old 01-07-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Truth, but yeah that would have gotten to me. 00 Si, then get stuck with a auto 02 ex. i would have been down in the dumps lol
Old 01-07-2007
Registered!!

PiNoYSPeeD757 is an unknown quantity at this point
i got an 04 mag.metallic coupe when i was 16 after nagging my parents about having a new car. kept begging for a manual but they said no because they think that i'd just drive around too fast. lol that was around the time when both me and my parents didn't know that our civics can be slow still =P well i was like f**k it just get me that vic. better than my mom's protege5. ha. now everytime i borrow my mom's protege5 with the semi-auto in it, i wish i still would have gotten a manual =[ oh well
Old 01-07-2007
Registered!!

zonk is an unknown quantity at this point
i got a 85 pontiac sunbird when i was 17 because with adhd i had trouble learning a stick.....i got a ford ranger the next year and showed them i could learn a manual and ditched the truck for an 96 ex 5 speed civic............i have owned a auto civic once only because i had a kid on the way, i sold it for a 99 civic ex coupe 5 speed and got her a scion xb

Last edited by zonk; 01-07-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
My car was in the shop 2 days ago because someone chose to drive by it and take the mirror off with theirs. My loaner car was an 05 LX sedan with an auto. I feel for you guys that got stuck with the auto, 'cause the transmission in the loaner sucked and it only had 22k miles on it.
Old 01-08-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Originally Posted by AmbulanceMonkee
My car was in the shop 2 days ago because someone chose to drive by it and take the mirror off with theirs. My loaner car was an 05 LX sedan with an auto. I feel for you guys that got stuck with the auto, 'cause the transmission in the loaner sucked and it only had 22k miles on it.
yea, see our pain....lol
Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

smittysavoie is an unknown quantity at this point
hey my story goes as follows on my 15th birthday my mom bought a 99 civic and because she can't drive a stick she got an auto so i said what ever i drove the car until march of 2006 when i bought my own 93 5 speed and dispite the fact her car is newer and burns less oil and has less rust and a muffler well you get the point my car sucks big flaming donkey ***** but mines a stick and it will blow the doors off most any auto i pull up against its fun cause i have raced an 02 jetta auto with full body kit and a set of rims typical rice mobile all show no go and my little civic kept pace with him in 4th i was playing with him for like 40 miles and then i just kicked into 5th the last time he tried to pass me and i was gone lol stupid ricers real boys build motors not sterios
Old 01-09-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't sound like you're building either. Congrats on your victory.
Old 01-09-2007
Banned

2k3civicSSM is an unknown quantity at this point
Doesn't sound like he has the knowledge to build, grammatically challanged.
Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

estebomb_ftw will become famous soon enough
Wow, I think I got stupider from reading that post. I didn't understand a whole lot. Not even a period in there or a comma, damn. Anyone care to explain what he said?
Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

hey sry about the bad grammer. For the record i can build motors when the motor went in my civic this summer i build a faily solid b16 v-tec motor for my civic but as stated in my other post i am a muscle boy and not to familiar with imports.
Old 01-09-2007
Ultra-Platinum Super Bonus Member

So.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really nice
boosted 4 cyl.> naturally aspirated v8
Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

yah my buddy had my honda out one day and i had my grand prix before i stripped it down and tore the 305 and 3 speed out of it and he could not keep up

Quick Reply: Forced into a Auto