General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Aiming Projectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kape is an unknown quantity at this point
Aiming Projectors

I've recently bought TYC projectors and got MTEC's for them. I noticed that the driver side light was off to the side so I figured I should aim it better. I figured it has something to do with those two screws in the back of the low beam unit so I kept going at one of them (cuz I can't reach the other while the light is on the car) and nothing happened. I was turning the passanger side screw of the driverside light (if that makes sense). The thing that got me mad is that nothing happened but eventually my light went out. I took a look at the bulb and it looks fine so I don't know what the hell is going on.
So if anyone has aimed their projectors and knows exactly which screw does what I'd greatly appreciate it, this way I don't have to d**k arround in there and screw up my lights.
Also, is there a way to aim them off the car and then put them on? It just seems easyer to access the screws.

Thanks
Old 06-15-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
search for the thread made my netbc and then look for FALKENs post in that thread.

here i found it for you

Injen
Old 06-15-2003
Registered!!

hey thanks a lot. I did a search but for "aiming" projectors, not adjusting. Anyway, I think there might be something wrong with my light entirely. Cuz yesterday, I was fooling arround with the right screw and I did see the lense was all the way toward the plate, yet the light beam was all the way outwards, and then the light bulb went out.
I changed it today with the original and it still doesn't work, so I think something else may be the problem. And it's wierd, cuz when I turn the low beam on, the high beam is on too... for both lights. Let me try to explain this, then someone may be able to help.
This may partain to Canada only, has something to do with daytime running lights I think.
My driver side light is on, but it seems like it's low wattage, and both my high beams are on, also at low wattage, just like when the DRL is on. and the passanger low beam is fine. What the hell is all that mean? And why is my projector lense look like it's aimed properly yet the light is aimed outwards? I'm thinking the bulb isn't sitting right in the housing or something.
Anyway, that was long, but can someone shed some light on this thing?
Old 06-15-2003
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
i would send them back... i got my tycs last friday and have had no problems, i got them from rob @ tornactive.com

Injen
Old 06-15-2003
Registered!!

do your projector lenses have dirt on it, or something that looks like condensation? Mine do and I've seen a few people asking about that, I just don't see why the lense should be like that
Old 06-15-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Kape
do your projector lenses have dirt on it, or something that looks like condensation? Mine do and I've seen a few people asking about that, I just don't see why the lense should be like that
no they dont, the only thing i see is the reflector from the round projector colors hittin the headlight housing cover on the outside other than that they are perfect.

Injen
Old 06-15-2003
Registered!!

dj pyrotechnics is an unknown quantity at this point
Check the fuses, then return them if you have problems.. i kinda had the same problem with my Halo Projector.
Old 06-15-2003
Registered!!

would the fuses be individual per light, not for both? I thought of that too, but it's strange that the DRL is on on both when it souldn't