General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

How to install air/fuel gauge

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lucky13matt is an unknown quantity at this point
How to install air/fuel gauge

I have the instructions from autometer but, i can not find the wires, so can someone send me the diagram or something, thanks
Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

jamesbbh is an unknown quantity at this point
its the wire harness on the first o2 sensor on your header and youre going to want to do it before the grey harness,,,,, not right next to the sensor but on the other side of the connection harness. theres going to be a white wire with a black stripe and just tap into that
Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

iluvbritney is an unknown quantity at this point
i prefer you take it to the shop and have them do it, or at least ask them for more info. or u can have it on just for the look [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-09-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Between the sensor and the plug, tap the black wire. The green/yellow stripe wire from the cig lighter will give you 12V and you can ground it to any known ground. Mine is grounded to the engine block (front right corner, you'll see the strap running to the frame), put a ring terminal on the wire, undo the ground bolt, add your wire and bolt it back down. Make sure you have both wires in there.... your engine must remain grounded.
Old 03-10-2003
Registered!!

leleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] i ran a wire from the o2 sensor on the hedders to the hole in the firewall under the glovebox, then up under the dash, all the way to the drivers airvent, where i mounted the gauge in to.i took a probeing light pointy thinggy, and found the ground and the 12v ignishon wire from wires that are pluged into the gauge cluster. tapped in and it was the black wire, of the four, from the o2 sensor.