General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

VAFC!! No check engine light!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIGLIMPDOG is an unknown quantity at this point
VAFC!! No check engine light!

My friend got it figured out and there is no check engine light probs! I drove his car last night and i was very impressed with the way it was tuned! I was reading other vafc post and yall are right because you can hear it in our cars! I thought that yall were bullsh*ting about the switch over point! I have a Question though I have a VAFC but I have not installed it due to all the probs but now that its figured out I want to install it, but I have N20 and I have heard that you can not use both at the same time. Does anyone really know if this is true? I dont think so because i dont know why this would be unless it has something to do with a higher detenation chance or something. Give me your opionions. Thanx
Old 03-04-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all

Care to fill us in on the setup you have so that no check engine light comes on?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-04-2003
Turbo Member

RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: FlyRiceRacer02
Care to fill us in on the setup you have so that no check engine light comes on?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][hr]
word
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

when he shows me i will do a DIY but Im not messing around his car is stock with ingen cai and vafc and he bet me last night (not with juice but on motor)! And NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT, I borrowed his car and drove it for about 5 hours and no light ever! Help me so I can get it done and post what to do!
Old 03-04-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all

Sounds good to me.
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

Bogus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: RiceBuRNeR
[hr]Originally posted by: FlyRiceRacer02
Care to fill us in on the setup you have so that no check engine light comes on?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][hr]
word[hr]
true that
Old 03-04-2003
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
If you advance the engine timing, and you run N2O, you will run into detonation.

This means that you will burn a cylynder or throw a rod.

The ignition timing can be advaced up to 5 degrees if running smaller than a 50 shot.

If you use the NX Nitrous Express kit, you can run a 50 shot with ignition timing at the ztock setting.

At a 75 shot, you will need to retard ignition timing by 3 degrees.

Hope this helped you out.
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
The VAFC have been installed by several members here w/o a check light coming on but the VTEC engager wasnt working so am i correct in assuming your friend got past that? If so i would be happy to see a DIY and maybe some photos. And give your friend mad props for figering iut out before APEXi
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

Wanger is an unknown quantity at this point
did you do a cold start and no engine light? because that is the only problem i have everything else works (engagement, etc.)

diy man! way to go!
Old 03-04-2003
Turbo Member

RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
Mine works ok for a day or 2 and then the light comes on. According to my code reader there was a "vtec rear bank" error.

If you disconect the VTEC wires from the VAFC and hook them back up to the factory ECU (bybass VAFC using supplied connectors) then you wont get a light at all.
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: RiceBuRNeR
Mine works ok for a day or 2 and then the light comes on. According to my code reader there was a "vtec rear bank" error.

If you disconect the VTEC wires from the VAFC and hook them back up to the factory ECU (bybass VAFC using supplied connectors) then you wont get a light at all.[hr]
yup that is exactly what i got, but mine only came on during cold starts. so I (like you) just bypassed the vtec wires back to the oem ecu.
Old 03-04-2003
Registered!!

Akshu is an unknown quantity at this point
Can somebody explain what a VAFC exactly is and what does it do?
Old 03-05-2003
MXR
Registered!!

MXR is an unknown quantity at this point
It looks like you have a lot to know about cars so answer me this my trans wont get second anymore and everytime i switch gears they feel slow.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-05-2003
Registered!!

yes he did get by it! Everything works perfect even on cold start!! I dont know what he did but he is going to do mine within the next couple days so when he does i will try and take some pics of the wiring! I promise yall that i will tell yall how its done as soon as i find out!! Hes trying to sell the plans to apexi right now! So he is being real carefull who gets the info!
Old 03-05-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: BIGLIMPDOG
yes he did get by it! Everything works perfect even on cold start!! I dont know what he did but he is going to do mine within the next couple days so when he does i will try and take some pics of the wiring! I promise yall that i will tell yall how its done as soon as i find out!! Hes trying to sell the plans to apexi right now! So he is being real carefull who gets the info![hr]
sell the plans to APEXi thats funny i highly doubt this compney is gonna buy the plans of THEIR product from some no name, no offense to you or your friend but im sure they will come up with the plans very soon.
--- as for you MXR your tranny is fugged up put everything back to stock and take it under warranty issues and please dont double post
Old 03-05-2003
Registered!!

sell is really not the word i was looking for, he is trying to trade for some sponsorship! I think something like that. I dont care as long as it works for me!
Old 03-05-2003
Registered!!

i dunno, seems like if you guys did fix it, you'd post the solution by now. i think i'll wait for apexi's fix, i called and said it'd be ready in about 10 days.
Old 03-06-2003
Registered!!

they fixed the prob, not me or i would have already posted it and he has not done mine because he wants to charge me $75! I dont want to pay so im going to borrow my friends car that it is hooked up to and duplicate the install so i should know how to do it tomorrow because im off work! there for I hope to have a diy for yall by sat maybe sun!
Old 03-06-2003
Registered!!

Okay I didnt know that my friend was on the website but his name is mrdan4548! His VAFC is the one I drove and the one that works! Dan Is my freaking hero! He also fixed my motor mounts and my overheating prob! DAN YOUR THE MAN!!!
Old 03-06-2003
Registered!!

alright cool i'll wait for the diy this weekend then. is it just a wiring issue or are there stuff you need to buy like resistors and junk?

Old 03-06-2003
Registered!!

from what i know there is some extras that have to be done but I think its just a jumper wire but i will let you know when i find out! Im gonna go ahead and pay him to do it today so then i will look and try to take some pics of the wiring and post it this weekend!
Old 03-08-2003
Registered!!

hey wheres the diy? its saturday [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah man I planned my whole day out already wake up, eat, wire the VAFC and go back to sleep. Now what do I do? WTF lol haha
Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

well i blew my head gasket so my car is at alamo autosports in arlington getting that fixed before i go to padre on friday! Im going up there tomorrow to pay for it and have them check everything out on my vafc and see what they think! But come to find out its a little more involved then i thought it took him about 3-4 hours to get it where my check engine light wasnt on! DAMN I HATE MY CAR! p.s im gonna try and take some pics when i go up there of the wiring off the vafc!
Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: BIGLIMPDOG
well i blew my head gasket so my car is at alamo autosports in arlington getting that fixed before i go to padre on friday! Im going up there tomorrow to pay for it and have them check everything out on my vafc and see what they think! But come to find out its a little more involved then i thought it took him about 3-4 hours to get it where my check engine light wasnt on! DAMN I HATE MY CAR! p.s im gonna try and take some pics when i go up there of the wiring off the vafc![hr]

I'm sorry but i'm starting to think this is all BS. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] can't blame a guy for being sceptical.
Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
I guess we're gunna be waiting for apex to post there fix. lol I wish they would hurry.
Old 03-10-2003
Registered!!

I will agree to the BS issue!! I would be sceptical to! Im trying to help you guys but Im having all kinds of probs with my car all the sudden and Im not gonna post it on the net untill i find out that it is done correctly! Sorry guys but I now have a blown head gasket and no one knows what it was from so I would not want to cause any damage to anyones car if thats what caused it! Alamo Will have my car till thursday or friday, They are checking to see if it is a REAL FIX or a temp fix to the check engine light issue! SORRY GUYS I APPOLIGISE FOR GETTING SOME HOPES UP! Hell my hopes where up until I blew a head gasket! SORRY![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-30-2003
K20 Member

ImportRacer2123 is an unknown quantity at this point
well it has been 21 days any update?
Old 03-31-2003
Registered!!

xblkcivicx is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VAFC!! No check engine light!

Originally posted by BIGLIMPDOG
I have a Question though I have a VAFC but I have not installed it due to all the probs but now that its figured out I want to install it, but I have N20 and I have heard that you can not use both at the same time. Does anyone really know if this is true? I dont think so because i dont know why this would be unless it has something to do with a higher detenation chance or something. Give me your opionions. Thanx

Actually you have a better chance of not detonating with the VAFC installed. If you tune it properly you can run the N20 much safer. The VAFC allows you to adjust your fuel maps at certain RPM's so you can throw more fuel when your spraying. This will prevent a lean burn which could grenade your motor. So i see no reason why you shouldn't install it. Hope this answers your question. good luck.
Old 03-31-2003
Registered!!

still waiting for a fix.

Quick Reply: VAFC!! No check engine light!