General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Rear bumper repair

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hiathereyou is an unknown quantity at this point
Rear bumper repair

I need help! I have a dent (about two grapefruit size) on the rear left-side of my 2001 Civic Coupe (Eternal Blue Pearl). The dent is located on the curvature of the rear left-side. It looks so ugly so I need to have it fix. I know the bumpers are plexiglass. What is the easiest way to fix such a dent? I know PDR (Paintless Dent Repair) won't work because it only works on metal. I went to a body shop, and the guy quoted me around $100 to heat the dent so it is "bendable" and the dent can pop out. Is this a good idea? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

The second alternative is to buy a new rear bumper, but the problem is finding a store that has the OEM part already painted. However, I have not stripped a bumper before. Is there a DIY with PICTURES (if so, where can I download the instruction) for taking apart and putting the rear bumper of a 2001 Civic Coupe?

Thanks.
Thomas
Old 02-21-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toca is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a OEM Blue Bumper for sale... PM mE.