General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

TYC projectors... pls help...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlippedOut is an unknown quantity at this point
TYC projectors... pls help...

i need all your help please.

the left projector isn't working...
the bulb is not blown, cause when i touch the back part of it, the light turns on...
seems to be wiring...
Old 02-07-2003
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
you pretty much just solved your own problem..try making stay on with solder..if your not comfortable doing that, just return them or exchange them from where you got them.
Old 02-07-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: SkipBarber
you pretty much just solved your own problem..try making stay on with solder..if your not comfortable doing that, just return them or exchange them from where you got them.[hr]
i would return them if i were you IMO, obviously everything else is in order
Old 02-07-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blazed870 is on a distinguished road
My projectors were the same way. I took it off and one of the wires that led to the bulb wasn't connecting all the way cuz the sleeve it was in was preventing it from touching the metal. I slid the sleave up and tightened the wire and my lights have worked fine since. I wish I could explain it better cuz I know that explanation is crappy, but maybe if you look at your projectors you will know what i am talking about.
Old 02-08-2003
Registered!!

FlippedOut is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: blazed870
My projectors were the same way. I took it off and one of the wires that led to the bulb wasn't connecting all the way cuz the sleeve it was in was preventing it from touching the metal. I slid the sleave up and tightened the wire and my lights have worked fine since. I wish I could explain it better cuz I know that explanation is crappy, but maybe if you look at your projectors you will know what i am talking about.[hr]
thanks.
worked like a charm[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-12-2003
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
does anyone remember what each screw does wen adjusting the projectors? like which screw movedit left/right/up/down etc?

thankx
Old 03-10-2003
SDE
Registered!!

SDE is an unknown quantity at this point
I've also been having problems with my TYC Projectors. Seems like every once in a while one of my lights is out (both sides), but only one at a time. I have fixed it at times, just by moving the wiring harness where its connected. However, the last time I tried to move the wiring harness around it did not work. So i pulled the lights out and tried shuffling the lights from my hi-beam to low beam even though the low beam bulb did not appear blown. It still did not work, but that was before i actually put it back in it's socket. Before changing the bulb again i stuck the bulb into the socket without clipping it in, it worked but i was determined to find out the cause of the problem so i pulled it out again. As soon as the metal end of the bulb lost contact with the metal housing of the TYC Projector it shut off. It seems to me like it's got something to do with grounding. If any of you are having problems with your bulbs I'd try this out. I am yet to prevent it from happening but any ideas would be appreciated.

*All of the lights worked after I swapped them around as well, but not for long.
Old 03-11-2003
Registered!!

Dr5D is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds like lots of people are having problems with their TYCs and i havent even installed mine yet!!!
i am intrested in knowing how to aim them tho, i have had that darn problem twice already[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-11-2003
SDE
Registered!!

anyone try this yet?
Old 03-11-2003
SDE
Registered!!

BTW mine are burning out now they are called XD5 Super Whites (Quartz Glass). Some crap i bought on ebay listed as H.I.D. 5000K (12 Volts, 100 Watts) heh. Anyone have any good experience with any of these aftermarket Hyper-White bulbs that do well in the TYC housing? Please list any type you've had no trouble with, thanks

Quick Reply: TYC projectors... pls help...