General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

BUzzing sound coming from intake...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trusted
BUzzing sound coming from intake...

I just installed aem sri into my 2k1 ex civic. WHen im driving i noticed a buzzing sound when i press and release the accelerator.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]it seems to only happen on low rpms, like under 2.5 but its still annoying as hell. Does anyone have an idea to why? Maybe therez some air escaping?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-07-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enoughbluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enough
i just put my intake on like 3 days ago and i love it.everytime i get on the gas or let go of the gas it sounds like a turbo. plus i love the sound when u turn the far off. pssssssttt i got an AEM SRI!! hmm sounds like ur problem is vibration. look in the engine bay and see if ur intake is bumping around soemwhere. and make sure ur clamps are tight. is ur malfuncton indicator light on after u put the intake in?? its the little yellow icon on the left side of the tach. its a little pic of an engine o sideways and its yellow??
Old 02-07-2003
Registered!!

MSoft is an unknown quantity at this point
If you have Injen like me, it's the pipe knocking against the battery holder. Nothing big, but if it annoys you put an insulator around that area to stop the noise. Also, the rubber stopper comes loose with time, so eventually (typically when you clean the filter) you will need to retighten it.
Old 02-07-2003
Registered!!

Tiki is an unknown quantity at this point
i loved my intake it was an sri whenever i would go wot and it shifted it sounded liek a blowoff valve my friend was like when did u get turbo im like i wish bro for some reson it does that at wot
Old 02-09-2003
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
It might be just the extra sound vibrations resonating. Remember when you took off the intake you took off that big box directly over the tranny? That was the only thing that kept your engine quiet. It's filled with baffling to reduce the sound simply for the noise police. Since you removed that, there is going to be more sound regardless, some of which might harmonically resonate through the car and "rattle" parts. It's normal probably, but you can use header wraps to quiet it down a little and keep the vibrations down. It won't effect your sound any but will dampen the vibrations a little.
Old 02-10-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Mine used to do that, but after a while the buzzing went away. Then I got a rattle when the filter started hitting the metal mount underneath. Just put some cloth under it to stop this, and make sure all the connections are tight. I had to get a new clamp around the hose going to the engine because the one they gave me was too small.